Page 1 of 44 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 1,000,000 signatures for spinal cord injury

1,000,000 signatures for spinal cord injury

Since Bush is gonna be going soon and since Obama is going to need to invest wisely for the future of America, then why not gather 1 million signatures and ask Obama to fund sci research. Is it possible to eliminate paralysis in 10 years, much like JFK set into motion the space program, which was done in a decade.

We probably don't even need that many but it would send a loud message. And it can be global signatures too, not just American. Time to move mountains is getting close. Are you going to be ready?

Petition: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/sig...cord-research/
    Last edited by Jim; 04-12-2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: added link to petition

Time to move mountains is getting close. Are you going to be ready?
    Bring it on!

add 3,000,000 fake ones and we good to go

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu View Post
    Since Bush is gonna be going soon and since Obama is going to need to invest wisely for the future of America, then why not gather 1 million signatures and ask Obama to fund sci research. Is it possible to eliminate paralysis in 10 years, much like JFK set into motion the space program, which was done in a decade.

We probably don't even need that many but it would send a loud message. And it can be global signatures too, not just American. Time to move mountains is getting close. Are you going to be ready?
    I like this idea...

I would like to hear the opinion of a political/advocacy expert of this forum on that.

Paolo

That's a great idea Malibu ! I'm in . I think it would be great if the world could pull together and accomplish something great . When you think about how technology has snowballed it makes me wonder why there has not even been a cure for any disease since polio in the 1950's. The money needs to flow in the right directions. It would be nice if our generation would be remembered for something productive , not destructive !

Great idea!
    Best way to do it I suppose is to set up a website for it - or do something on facebook?? both could work globally.

I'm in. Where and how? This thing is so close. Let's get it done.

i would aim it at Tom Daschle the new HHS Sec. he'll have the N.I.H under him

i believe he co-sponsored the CDRPA when he was in,

2 cents
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

kickingber
    where do i put my name?

Carbar, I was thinking using the internet would be a easier way but Facebook and Myspace type web sites are just something I don't know much about. I am not sure how they work. I was thinking maybe a web site where you could add your name to a list and it would enter it some how. I'm not sure how to get a text box to do this with a cgi script yet. Maybe a crash course in database would help, lol.

Seriously, for the time being, maybe we all could ask family and friends to sign a sheet of paper and we could send them all on a certain day when all the lists are done. This is one idea on how to do it. I am open to suggestions, of course, but the web site with a millon names on it may be the only way to get this many. It's just .017 percent of the world population.