Thread: You speak to the Rick Hansen Foundation & Institute

You speak to the Rick Hansen Foundation & Institute

First of all, I'd like to thank all our readers out there who stuck with us through all our campaigns to the Rick Hansen Group (RHG: Rick Hansen Foundation and Rick Hansen Institute). All the way from our first campaign in June of 2011, followed by our appeal for direct talks in August 2011 and ending with the last campaign targeting the Interdependence conference in May of this year. We finally will get what we've always asked for, a chance for direct talks with those leading RHG.

After some preliminary discussions and email between me and RHG, it looks like three delegates from our campaigns from Canada, the UK, and Japan will meet leaders of RHG by skype. Our goal, just one thing, to find out about RHG's vision and plans to become leaders for a cure for chronic spinal cord injury (SCI) and how we the paralyzed and our supporters can be involved.

From the very beginning we understood that the voices of ones and twos are easily shunted aside and the more we spoke in unison, the louder our voices grew; from the ninety or so who sent the first protest emails to the last group of 750 who emailed RHG during our INterDEPENDENCE campaign. The paralyzed are standing up and demanding that large foundations show leadership the size of their purses in building collaboration and vision in our war on paralysis.

We have met together with many of those who were responsible for spreading the campaign and have come up with points that we would like to explore. If you have any points that you would like to see raised, please feel free to leave your points or questions on this thread, or email me directly at stemcells.and.atombombs@gmail.com.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

great step!!
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature