Thread: Portable ramps

Portable ramps

I'm looking for a portable ramp that will fit behind the backseat of a Honda Odyssey minivan. Not for use to get into the van, just to go up 2-3 steps. Must be able to hold a power w/c and a 200 pound person. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Google suitcase ramps.. Here is a good site with many. I recommend no less than a 4' ramp.

http://www.portable-wheelchair-ramps...FQGbnAodp2HG1g

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

I've found best choices and prices at discountramps.com

There are many, many choices (a good thing and a bad thing). we are looking for a ramp that can be folded and ported in a regular-size trunk. it will be use by someone pushing person in a manual wheelchair. Does anyone have experience in selecting proper:

1. ramp length (for going up 2-3 steps)
    2. number of folds?
    3. manageable weight? - have seen some aluminum ones that are almost 50 lbs! this would be very difficult to get in and out of a car

also, has anyone had a wooden ramp built for portable use?

Quote Originally Posted by jlobel View Post
    There are many, many choices (a good thing and a bad thing). we are looking for a ramp that can be folded and ported in a regular-size trunk. it will be use by someone pushing person in a manual wheelchair. Does anyone have experience in selecting proper:

1. ramp length (for going up 2-3 steps)
    2. number of folds?
    3. manageable weight? - have seen some aluminum ones that are almost 50 lbs! this would be very difficult to get in and out of a car

also, has anyone had a wooden ramp built for portable use?
    Go to the link I posted.. has all your answers right there. A 4' is what you need for 2-3 steps, 1 fold with a handle, 20 lbs. and will fit in a trunk. A wooden ramp would be too heavy and not near as strong as aluminum.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia