Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What VA SCI Center do you go to?

What VA SCI Center do you go to?

I go to Seattle. Did rehab there in 90-91 and all follow-up since, never been anywhere else. Feel free to ask how I manage it, an ongoing process. They really are a great group of individuals. As with any institution this size, bureaucracy and diplomacy play large parts- it's easy to fall between the cracks. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets oiled; sometimes it gets "labeled".

Please share what you can, thanks!

I also live in Oregon. I would be going to the Seattle SCI center too, but I'm in a crack . Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets greased too.

Tampa VA Medical Center

None, I'm Space A with my physiatrist at Walter Reed as a retiree dependent.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Same as Doingtimeonmyass. James A. Haley VA SCI Center, Tampa Florida

Quote Originally Posted by skippy13 View Post
    I also live in Oregon. I would be going to the Seattle SCI center too, but I'm in a crack . Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets greased too.
    Sometimes it gets tossed and replaced with an easier wheel to fix too... what's the "crack" you are stuck in?

My VA

Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center, Augusta, Ga. SCI portion of the hospital is undergoing intensive remodeling. Going there Nov. 3 for tests and a fitting for a new manual chair.
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

I also go to the Haley VA hospital in Tampa. They seem to be very good for routine stuff (rehab, physicals, colonoscopy, etc) but the one time I had problems I didn't get any help. Used my civilian doctor instead.
    T12 Incomplete - Walking with Crutches, Injured in Oct 2003

VA SCI Centers

I do VA SCI Center site visits in California, Oregon, and Washington state where we discuss quality of care with VA staff and patients. I'd be interested in how you guys view your care and whether you're satisfied.

Please do not include specific names of VA personnel in this public forum if you're having problems. We can privately discuss personal concerns where you're issue is with a specific individual.

Palo alto va

I did a rehab at Palo Alto VA center in 2007. Overall, I was very satisfied with the care. The PT component was somewhat weak in that there was not enough one on one interaction. Also the PT's were not that experienced. The equipment was not that good. Medical care was very good.
    In the dime stores and bus stations, people talk of situations, read books, repeat quotations, draw conclusions on the wall. ......Bob Dylan