Thread: I'm sorry not sure where to post this...

I'm looking for advice on stem cell

I'm looking for advice on stem cell, i'm not holding anyone to it....haha. Don't know where i should post this ill try here. If at all possible Dr. Young, nurses, anyone w/ knowledge of or even suggestions respond, please. I plan to have stem cell and hit the aggressive therapy. Im not expecting to walk just gain some more mobility/possibility lil bladder and bowel control, i've talked w/ a couple of people who went to Dr. Huang's in china and Dr. Lima's in portugal followed by some functional integrated therapy or just agressive, you know? I'm doing great w/ fundraising and i've sent my mri's off to verify i'm a candidate[just haven't heard back yet]. The research i've done on both has been in depth. However it will be another year before i'm ready anyway[family,health, neuropathic pain..rrrgghh]. so things can change technologically/ medically. Don't know if i should even wait a couple more years or just do therapy alone and wait even longer for stem cell to advance[maybe something will change in the u.s]. I have only been here a few weeks. I've read up on Dr. Wise young's work and views, consulted my dr.'s and therapists. I have a huge amount of respect for Dr. Young, the nurses, and the cc community and i would love to have your input before making my decision.
    I'm c/4 c/5 incomplete asia c, 4 years out. Let me know if you have any other questions...

Thanx alot
    cc
    Last edited by Josh A; 11-25-2008 at 07:10 PM.

My advice: don't waste your money on Huang or Lima.

If you choose to do otherwise, you may regain strength in the lowest muscle group you can currently activate. (Or your pain could get worse.)

Have your MRIs evaluated for compression and/or syrinxes. If your cord is compressed, decompressing it could restore some function.

Steven
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

I'm sorry not sure where to post this...

I'm looking for advice on stem cell, i'm not holding anyone to it just really respect all of your opinions and what your about. Don't know where i should post this ill try here. If at all possible Dr. Young, nurses, anyone w/ knowledge of or even suggestions respond, please. I plan to have stem cell and hit the aggressive therapy. Im not expecting a miracle just to gain mobility/possibility lil bladder and bowel control, i've talked w/ a couple of people who went to Dr. Huang's in china and Dr. Lima's in portugal followed by some functional integrated therapy or just agressive, you know? I'm doing great w/ fundraising and i've sent my mri's off to verify i'm a candidate[just haven't heard back yet]. The research i've done on both has been in depth. However it will be another year before i'm ready anyway[family,health, neuropathic pain..rrrgghh]. so things can change technologically/ medically. Don't know if i should even wait a couple more years or just do therapy alone. i could go for an extexnsive rehab st at the rehabilitation institute of michigan or sheperd[i think is highly ranked] or center IMT georgia[i'm just hearing about them too but i hear good things]and wait even longer for stem cell to advance[maybe something will change in the u.s]. I have only been here a few weeks. I've read up on Dr. Wise young's work and views, consulted my dr.'s and therapists. I have a huge amount of respect for Dr. Young, the nurses, and the cc community and i would love to have your input before making my decision. also if any has any experience or just input about the rehabs. ANY AND ALL IS APPRECIATED
    I'm c/4 c/5 incomplete asia c, 4 years out. Let me know if you have any other questions...

Thanx SO MUCH

CC

Skip Dr Lima. Papers published in peer reviewed journals have shown his mucosal tissue also contains cells that create scar tissue along with growth factors. The procedure requires your purified OEG cells.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I think that this thread belongs to Cure. Wise.

I think you should listen to Steven.

Paolo

Forget Huang not worth the effort. Hold on a while better options in the horizon.

I merged the two threads.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

As an ASIA C incomplete, I'd say hold off on the experimental surgeries which can result in a loss of function and look into an advanced rehab. program. You're a prime candidate for exercise induced recovery.