Many of us with this disease are currently strapped for money. Here is a chance to not only help you out but also help scientists, doctors, and the pharmaceutical companies to better understand what you are going through. I personally signed up for this study. It takes less than 10 minutes a day filling out a diary for a total of 7 days. At the end of the 7th day, there will be a 90 minute group phone session for discussion purposes. For your time and effort, you will receive $200.00.

The only requirements are that you live in the United States and have this horrible disease. For more information, please send me your phone number so that I can forward it to the people that are heading up the study. They will then contact you with further information and instructions. My email address is: meredith29 (at) verizon.net.

Below is a copy of the information that I received.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are looking for patients based in USA . We are very interested to talk people who are living with Hepatitis C.
What we would like to explore is their experiences with their condition and the challenges that they currently face. We'd also like to gain some feedback on what they think could be done to make taking their medication easier.
The very nature of market research is that there are no right or wrong answers, as everybody's experiences are unique. What we would like from the participants is their honest opinion and thoughts. We would reward them for their time with a sum of $200, payable upon completion of the research.
In line with market research conventions, participant's identities will be fully protected.
Sincerely,
Anthony Menkiti

We would like to run the research in two parts. The first part will concentrate on his day-to-day experiences. We will supply you with a diary, which we would like you to complete each day for a week. The diary will only take about 10 minutes per day to complete. The second part requires your participation in a group telephone discussion about Hepatitis C. We would like to hold these discussions in groups of three (plus a researcher), where you will be able to interact with other people who may have had similar experiences to yours, and you will be given the opportunity to point out how your experiences may differ. These discussions will last approximately 90 minutes and because they will be over the phone (on a toll free number), you will not be required to travel anywhere / leave your home. These discussions will be held by an experienced researcher, with an interest in finding out what is important to you. If, during the discussion, you feel uncomfortable with anything at all, you are encouraged to make this known to the researcher. You will not be forced to say or share anything that you are not 100% happy with.