Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Veteran's Introductions

1. United States
    2. US Army Engineers
    3. 1971-73
    4. SCI not service connected
    5. I am 30% service connected for skin problems that began while serving in
    Vietnam. In 1980 I injured L1 and L2 in a car crash. Spinal fusion 1981. For
    the last few years I have come to rely on the VA more and more. For the
    most part I have no complaints with their care.
    Thank you, Erik.

1) U.S.A.
    2) Army
    3) june 01-feb 07
    4) active duty deployment

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by VertigoGypsy View Post
    1) U.S.A.
    2) Army
    3) june 01-feb 07
    Hello Fellow Veteran. Welcome to Care Cure Community & the Veterans Forum. Sorry you had to find us but like we say glad that you did. This is a great site and if you ever have any questions please come here and post or suggestions post as well.
    Thank you for having served and for your sacrifice. I'm an Air Force Veteran myself. I served 8/71 to 5/75.
    Best of luck to you always.
    RAFS

Quote Originally Posted by VertigoGypsy View Post
    1) U.S.A.
    2) Army
    3) june 01-feb 07
    Hi Vertigo,

Which branch of the Army were you in? I was a Czech Interceptor in Military Intelligence back before the Wall came down.

Do you have a spinal cord injury? If so, what level?

Thanks for your service!
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Welcome home, Yaardworker! Sounds like you were in country same time as my husband. He also has a recurring breakout on his chin when stress hits or he's getting a cold. His is from sun poisoning in Eritrea back in '67. Yea, he volunteered in early '67 and they send him to Kagnu Station in what was then Ethiopia. Vietnam, with occasional incursions into Cambodia, took up all of '72. He had 10% hearing loss on retirement from mortars, most likely. All incoming.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Veteran's introduction

1. USA
    2. Army
    3. 93-98
    4. T3 non service connected 2004
    5. receive my care through the VA

Hello,
    I have been reading posts here since I was injured in 2004. This is such a great site, and has helped me so much esp. when I was first injured.

I am very greatfull for the care I receive from my local VA SCI clinic (Ann Arbor, MI.) and the Hines VA SCI center (Chicago). I go to Hines every year for my annual eval.

I Was wondering if my non service connected 50% disability rating can be increased? I’ve always assumed it was 50% because I was not injured while in the army. The reason I want to increase it is so I can get dental care through the VA.

Thanks,
    Matt

VA Dental care is a different issue. Unless you are specifically service connected for your teeth, it is unlikely you can get full dental care (other than emergency services) through the VA. You would do best to talk to your PVA NSO about whether this would apply to you or not.

(KLD)

I believe you can get VA dental care as an inpatient. Might want to consider admitting yourself. I do not believe this should or could be done for regular cleanings, x-rays, etc.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMack View Post
    Welcome Tom, i'm a lover of great sentences and the one above is a classic my friend.. I'm going to Bethesda on tuesday to visit the wounded Marines there, I'm going with some of the guys from the Marine Corps Slattery Detachment. Thanks for serving our Country, and welcome to CareCure.
    Just have to second this vote in favor of the term "Attempted Assissination Attempts" aka Repetitive Disasters in Health Care.

The only way you can get full dental care through the VA is if you are service connected for dental damage in any award amount, or if you are 100% SC for anything else at all.

If you are service connected for any condition and then awarded Individual Unemployability (being paid at the 100% disabled rate) you will also qualify for full dental care.

Matt, you should have a VSO look over your case and you yourself can try to recall everything you were treated for in the service that still shows residuals in your life today. If you find something that you may be able to service connect, then file a claim for that. Get a copy of your "C" file from the VA and look it over yourself for any leads to service connect.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess