Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: beautiful

i do everything: custom corsets, stacked heels, funky print hose....
    May the fetus you save be gay

I feel too self conscious about my afo to wear shorts, dresses and skirts. People stare. I shouldn't really care, but *sigh* I do, especially because the majority then go on to ask "What's wrong with you?" or a variation of the question. At least in slacks or jeans, most people assume I have some sort of knee injury since I just end up dragging my right leg along.

What I miss the most are cute shoes. It's all but impossible to find cute shoes that fit a giant afo. Shoes for the summer like slingbacks or sandals are impossible since I have to have a back on the shoe.... Ahh what I've give to be able to wear tall, tall, sexy, sleak heels that cry "F*** ME"

body shapers are a god send for the gut. i have the pouch too due to lack of ab muscles being tight enough. i hate it because the rest of me is slim, except my shoulders like many are talking about.

they make them that they slip right over and don't include the underwear part. they have kinds with boning in them and can snap or hook too. the hooks are a pain though. if you want to sit straighter, boning will help, but i never tried it yet. i'm not sure how well it would work on the skin. either way, they make sexy ones too so it'll give you that extra boost of "damn, i'm hot!"

right now i use my abdominal binder, but i sit crooked with my hip issues and it's bunched on the one side to the point that the binder is stuck all scrunched up.

getting your hair and nails done helps too, at least for me. i don't go out much during the week and i sit around in bum clothes, but the weekends it's different and it's sort of like a treat to dress nicer and do my hair and make up and people actually see it.
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

I wear what ever I want. dresses, skirts shorts, I dont care about the braces. I hate that Im limited on shoes. even before the braces though, I couldnt walk in heels.

What do you ladies do about your bellies? For the ones that have it. I don't want to find a way to cover it up. I wanna get rid of it. I'm a t5-6 level, so I have no tummy muscles. What can I do to tone my abs?
    God is good

Quote Originally Posted by rollinprincess3227 View Post
    What do you ladies do about your bellies? For the ones that have it. I don't want to find a way to cover it up. I wanna get rid of it. I'm a t5-6 level, so I have no tummy muscles. What can I do to tone my abs?
    i use an ems unit but it didn't work wonders for me yet.
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaandKC View Post
    I feel too self conscious about my afo to wear shorts, dresses and skirts. People stare. I shouldn't really care, but *sigh* I do, especially because the majority then go on to ask "What's wrong with you?" or a variation of the question. At least in slacks or jeans, most people assume I have some sort of knee injury since I just end up dragging my right leg along.

What I miss the most are cute shoes. It's all but impossible to find cute shoes that fit a giant afo. Shoes for the summer like slingbacks or sandals are impossible since I have to have a back on the shoe.... Ahh what I've give to be able to wear tall, tall, sexy, sleak heels that cry "F*** ME"
    I have seen people attach clear straps to slingbacks or sandals to keep them on. Kind of like those clear bra straps you can get.

I could wear skirts, even though I don't like my new legs, if I could figure out how to transfer out of my truck without showing something. lol Nothing like some stranger who keeps insiting to help you with your chair. You just want him to leave so you can transfer without worrying too much about the skirt riding up. Or maybe that's what he was hoping?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

I found the perfect binder at Wal-Marts of all places. It is made of girdle material but has hard plastic up the sides so it don't curl up. It holds my big belly in and really makes a difference on what I look like in stretch pants. It helps me when I wear tight jeans.

I wish I could find those sandals that buckle up 2 or 3 times up past the ankle. I forgot what they are called. You know back in the Roman days.
    Mary
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

Just wanted to share the only time in my life when I felt GREAT about my huge belly (pregnancy).

Peace
    Last edited by alissa; 12-14-2008 at 08:11 PM.
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by alissa View Post
    Just wanted to share the only time in my life when I felt GREAT about my huge belly (pregnancy). Peace
    Wow, you look absolutely wonderful!