Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: beautiful

beautiful

every girl/ women wants to be or feel beautiful, right?
    How can you girls handle this sci?
    I like skirts and dresses! I can't wear them now..
    Before my accident i was always in the sportschool to train my belly- muscles and legs.
    I have a belly and i don't like this.... I don't like my body anymore....
    Can you accept your "new" body? What makes you feel beautiful?
    Thanks!

I use shirts, dresses and high heel every time I feel for.
    TH 12, 43 years post

I've never been a person that likes to dress up. But whenever I have to, I'll wear a skirt and a dressy shirt - but no heels for me thank you!! - Usually, my dressy atire is a pair of slacks and a button down shirt.

I like a sleek suit w. a short jacket. It needs to be colorful, so it doesn't blend in with my chair. I have a red silk shantung, Italian designer suit, I got at a major discount. (From 1200 to 200!) This suit has sleeves that can go up to 3/4 length-good for the chair.

My suits are my armor. From public speaking, to funerals, to graduations. In one of them I feel put together and pretty.

I have a black one w/ a fuschia pinstripe that has exquisite tailoring details. Wish I could figure out a cover for my chair so black clothing would not disappear into the background.

I recejntly bought a tight pair of black pants, w/ a silver pinstripe. Found a little black sweater vest w/ faux layering...silver/black silk-looking sleeves, collar, hem and matching belt. With a short black leather jacket and black boots, it is an informal suit that makes me feel long n lean. Mom says it make me 6 foot tall LOL.

In summer, wrap dresses wrap dresses wrap dresses. Throw on a pair of sandals and a necklace and you're dressed. I used to wear sundresses all summer but got too old to always be so bare. That dress in my avatar is 10 years old, I probably wouldn't buy it today.
    Last edited by betheny; 11-23-2008 at 01:27 PM.

Are you overweight?
    If you were active before no reason at your level not to be now.

get a basketball or tennis racquet.

I find a manicure made me feel "normal" after my initial injury.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

I don't wear dresses anymore...can't find anything that looks good on me...my mid-section is too "thick" and I have "football" shoulders which doesn't quite look right in a dress...it sucks......I wear loose fitting shirts with dress pants at work because I have too...When I'm out of work, its jeans and big sweat shirts...

I've been wearing my own clothes to restore my self-esteem. I like jeans and combat boots. I like hoodies. After my case is finished, I want to cut my hair and color it the way I want it--spiked and highlighted. I feel it's very cathartic to cut my hair. Before my accident, I had it shaved most of the time. It also feels good just to be able to go in the bathroom, blast my favorite tunes and groom myself in the mirror.

I love turning up my music in the morning as I get ready for work. I also feel more attractive when my hair is done and a but some make up on. Another thing that makes me feel attractive is when my clothes fit well and are something I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    Are you overweight?
    If you were active before no reason at your level not to be now.

get a basketball or tennis racquet.

I find a manicure made me feel "normal" after my initial injury.

No, not overweight...
    But when you haven't belly- muscles it's not very tight anymore
    It's difficult to find nice clothes.
    @ harley lynn: i know what you mean with those "football shoulders'"
    like female bodybuilders....mmm not very hot i think

Is there any para who don't have "football shoulders" here or big mucles in the arms? I do not care for those things. The nice thing is my overarms don't have "countess swing". I don't know what you call them, but I am sure you know what I mean.

I never use spelling check inside here in women only.
    TH 12, 43 years post