Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New member and new injury

Quote Originally Posted by RJP View Post
    I was hurt from a 30 ft fall. My nephew also got hurt over there. He lost both legs.
    I just saw this. My condolences. My condolences to 6Gun, also, thank you for your service and unfortunate sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by RJP View Post
    I am too an L1 burst fracture. I was hurt from a 30 ft fall. My nephew also got hurt over there. He lost both legs. If you have any questions feel free to call 630-319-5476
    RJP Welcome to CC & sorry to hear about your accident. Are you still employed by the PD? Also very sorry to hear about your nephew. Please let him know about his site & that there will soon be a Veterans Forum here on Care Cure & the moderator will be a former Paralyzed Veterans of America Service Officer who I believe is also a paralyzed Veteran himself.

Central California/ (the Republican side :)
    Cobra,

Welcome to the jungle! Thank You for the service of our great country. I know u will have a long road but we will all be here for you. I come from a long line of military service men & women. Good Luck and b sure to keep posting.

Evonne
    I have a spinal cord injury...a spinal cord injury DOES NOT have me!

walking quad-Central Cord Syndrome

hello 6gun-cobra, I'm a foreign rookie here at this forum and it's a pleasure for me send a message to a real gunslinger, it was hot in those cayuses.... welcome

Welcome 6gun from another Tennessean. If you need any information on programs, etc. in TN send a PM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Timo View Post
    Welcome to CC. My son was injury in July. He got rehab at VA San Diego and just came home 2 weeks ago.
    Why did you get rehab at Shepherd? and do you see the different between the VA and Shepherd?

Tim's mom
    I was at a point where I thought I had gone as far as I was going to go with rehab with the VA and I had nothing to lose by checking out the Shepherd Center. I had heard may good things about their program there. With all things being equal, it was closer to home and my kids than the Tampa VA.

I did not notice any differences in their medical care nor their physical therapy. The big difference I noticed between the two was in the Shepherd Center's OT and RT programs. IMO the Shepherd Center was a bit better in those areas. More funding and personnel really.

Also, I didn't know what I didn't know and decided to give them a shot. No regrets and I met some really cool people there.

Quote Originally Posted by quadvet View Post
    Hey 6GunCobra, glad to have you on board, circumstances being what they are. Sounds like a scary incident in the chopper, was it a Cobra? That's about my favorite gunship. Well hey, good to see you here, use the search engine for most any imaginable question, great info here. And don't hesitate to ask questions, of course. Watch for the coming Veterans forum.
    No Quadvet, I flew an AH-6M which is a modernized and armed version of the OH-6 Cayuse (Loach) used back in the Viet Nam era. Our AH-6s are used to support our Special Operations folks around the globe nowadays. Flying them was the best job in the Army and I truely miss doing it. We all stop flying eventually, but I always thought it would be much later.
    Last edited by 6GunCobra; 12-01-2008 at 03:17 PM.

Glad you found the site 6gun, lots of good information here. Check out the Cure and Care forums for the latest news on both. Glad you made it back, thanks for serving our nation in uniform.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

nice to meet you. so glad you made it back. and to care cure.

long as this boat floats, Im gonna sail it.

Quote Originally Posted by 6GunCobra View Post
    No Quadvet, I flew an AH-6M which is a modernized and armed version of the OH-6 Cayuse (Loach) used back in the Viet Nam era. Our AH-6s are used to support our Special Operations folks around the globe nowadays. Flying them was the best job in the Army and I truely miss doing it. We all stop flying eventually, but I always thought it would be much later.
    OK, I've seen these, neat little birds, impressive firepower for its size. Sounds like a great job. CareCure member Van Damn flew A-10's back in the day, surprised he hasn't seen you here yet and said howdy. Can't say I enjoy flight, sure can understand your feeling of loss tho. Well hey, I hope you look into flying again, sans guns of course. Keep up the hard work, hard to tell at this point where your recovery will end.