Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New member and new injury

New member and new injury

Just joined this forum. I was in a helicopter crash over in Iraq about 6 months ago and suffered a burst fracture at L1 and immediate paralysis. Initially I could feel my legs (could not move them), but after surgery I had nothing. I am now a T10 paraplegic. I went thru rehab at the VA Hospital in Tampa, FL and then at the Shepherd Center in Atlanta, GA.

Like most with a new injury of this type, I am adjusting (or attempting to adjust) to my new life and hoping for a cure.

let me be the first to welcome you, you'll find all sorts of info and support here

Welcome to CC!!!!!!!! There is a great wealth of knowledge, friendship, and so much more here!!!!!

Becky,
    Chicago
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Welcome 6Gun, Hate you had to find this place, but it is the very best for info that you need. Just ask anyone you want and most will tell you how they have found things to be. Plus we cut up quite a bit so enjoy!!!!!!

Thank you for your service! Saddened you came home injured so seriously, but glad to see you were at a very good, from what I have read, rehab...I care for my son who is c4-5 and just want to tell you to hook your mom up to carecure! I'm thinking she'll need some support too! Hope and pray all goes well for you...

Welcome to CC. My son was injury in July. He got rehab at VA San Diego and just came home 2 weeks ago.
    Why did you get rehab at Shepherd? and do you see the different between the VA and Shepherd?

Tim's mom

welcome to cc ....i was a soldier 20 years ago and i know how do you feel.
    be strong and never give up.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Welcome, 6GunCobra.
    I'm glad you found this site. It is invaluable as a place for learning, sharing experiences, venting, and comradeship. The medical advice available here about dealing with SCI is second to none in the world.
    - Richard
    BTW, Fill out your profile so people can get a quick look at who they're talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by 6GunCobra View Post
    Just joined this forum. I was in a helicopter crash over in Iraq about 6 months ago and suffered a burst fracture at L1 and immediate paralysis. Initially I could feel my legs (could not move them), but after surgery I had nothing. I am now a T10 paraplegic. I went thru rehab at the VA Hospital in Tampa, FL and then at the Shepherd Center in Atlanta, GA.

Like most with a new injury of this type, I am adjusting (or attempting to adjust) to my new life and hoping for a cure.
    Welcome to Care Cure Community my fellow Veteran. You've come to right place. Sorry that you were so seriously injured. Thank you for your service & for your sacrifice. I will send you a private message about other info so please watch for it.

Bob S
    Oldsmar, Fl

Welcome. Don't be afraid to ask questions
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."