Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tilite Z10, special edition rigid chair

Tilite Z10, special edition rigid chair

Looks like Tilite is gonna try to make a splash in the wheelchair pond pretty soon.

I hope they nail it!

-Dale

They splashed that over a month ago. Their 10th Anniversary chair was supposed to debut last month, or so I was told at last March's Abilities Expo.

now that you mention it, i do seem to remember reading about it in a post around here. i hadn't seen any pictures tho.

"Everything we've learned during our first decade in business. Only 110 will be built."

Evidently, what TiLite has learned in 10 years is that artificially limiting supply allows a company to control price. If this chair is the embodiment of all they know about building a better mobility device, why not make it available to as many people as it can help?

Have wheelchairs become the new "must have" marketing fad? How much are limited edition designer sneakers selling for today? I remember when we wore them because they did the best job for the cheapest price. Back when we walked 10 miles to school each day. Uphill. In both directions.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    "Everything we've learned during our first decade in business. Only 110 will be built."

Evidently, what TiLite has learned in 10 years is that artificially limiting supply allows a company to control price. If this chair is the embodiment of all they know about building a better mobility device, why not make it available to as many people as it can help?

Have wheelchairs become the new "must have" marketing fad? How much are limited edition designer sneakers selling for today? I remember when we wore them because they did the best job for the cheapest price. Back when we walked 10 miles to school each day. Uphill. In both directions.

true that!!!!!!!!!

except for the walkin to skool part. i only hadda walk when i missed the bus, haha.

I hope they learned to read the entire order forms, correctly!
    "If ya don't have it in the hips, ya better have it in the lips..." ~ Charlie - Villa Dulce

not that i'll be in the market for another chair until sometime after the end of the world in 2012, but does anyone have any solid intel on the price point?

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    my first thoughts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    does anyone have any solid intel on the price point?
    more than it should be, most likely.

economics 101... all they have to do is create enough hype (demand).

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    my first thoughts as well.

more than it should be, most likely.

economics 101... all they have to do is create enough hype (demand).

agreed, i was really disappointed with tilite when foolish pointed out they're only making 110.

i was asking about price to hopefully regain some respect for them. oh well.

taking a risk to address a genuine human need and earning a profit off the risk is one thing.

manufacturing the 'want' in order to artificially inflate the price should be a crime.

if it turns out to the be best of breed for wheelchairs, maybe they deserve some extra profit, but not because the supply is kept artificially low.

that's

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    if it turns out to the be best of breed for wheelchairs, maybe they deserve some extra profit, but not because the supply is kept artificially low.
    In that case, they would benefit more by making as many as the market demands while charging a "reasonably" higher price because, after all, it would be the best.

What this all tells me is that is a slightly different looking ZR...a gimmick to charge whatever they want.

My .02