Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cracked frame on my Ti-Lite

Hey, is it still a lifetime warranty for the frame? Are there any other companies that offer that?

I've had two cracked frames replaced by Tilite under warranty.
    T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

"TiLite warrants the wheelchair frame (including cross-braces, if any) anainst defects in materials and workmanship for life, so long as the original purchaser uses the wheelchair. The expected life of the frame is five years."

Five whole years. My ZRA is 9 years old, and insurance wants a repair estimate, riduculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    "TiLite warrants the wheelchair frame (including cross-braces, if any) anainst defects in materials and workmanship for life, so long as the original purchaser uses the wheelchair. The expected life of the frame is five years."

Five whole years. My ZRA is 9 years old, and insurance wants a repair estimate, riduculous.
    Disregard "expected life of the frame is fiver years." The warranty for the frame is for the life of the original owner.

When I was in process ordering a new chair through medicare, I waved cash in the vendor's face repeatedly with no success.
    I wanted to order a titanium frame like my ~2000 that is still my favorite. I have enough parts that besides a new frame, I would only need a few extras like brakes and camber tube mountings, etc.

Unbelievably, they didn't give a shit or even have a conversation about it!
    I'd still love to get another chair chassis-I have almost all the other parts I need to put together a fine chair.
    I suppose that if the TR-c was warrantied, it would have some value.
    I'm a practical person. Is there any way to do this?
    Last edited by pfcs49; 06-11-2019 at 02:16 PM.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    When I was in process ordering a new chair through medicare, I waved cash in the vendor's face repeatedly with no success.
    I wanted to order a titanium frame like my ~2000 that is still my favorite. I have enough parts that besides a new frame, I would only need a few extras like brakes and camber tube mountings, etc.

Unbelievably, they didn't give a shit or even have a conversation about it!
    I'd still love to get another chair chassis-I have almost all the other parts I need to put together a fine chair.
    I suppose that if the TR-c was warrantied, it would have some value.
    I'm a practical person. Is there any way to do this?
    You can order a frame only, though probably not a c.2000 TR-c.

I don't want another TR-C. Among other things, the ZX-1 won't work with it, it's tires are where the lower TR-c tube is!

I'm not clear what model today, if any, resembles my favorite chair, but here are the pertinent pictures.
    The caster carriers are minimal, unlike the Aero Z (aluminum) Medicare got me. These sparse castor brackets don't scratch stuff up and generally allow me to get closer to things (like the rocker panel of my car!)

And the camber tube mounts are welded to the frame but have a few positions to adjust COG

If I could replicate the chair in the photos, (I believe, SN# 22005, but the numbers wore off the tag years ago!) I'd be a very happy man!
    If I need to take this off-line, PM me and we'll go from there.

If it was easy to get the TRc warrantied and/or create value through it, it's still hanging from my shop

ceiling!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ