Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are you Dr Young?

Where are you Dr Young?

Dear Dr Young

Hope u fine.

According to ur advise i am going china for nerve rerouting of my bladder bowel function as i hope u know that i can walk easily. Hope u will ask Dr Xiao to favour me as already he is very helping with me due to ur reference.

Thanks. Hope this surgery will work in my case.

Jawaid
    Pakistan

This is the first I hear about this...Can you explain more...complete/incomplete

how expensive, what is to be done??

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    Dear Dr Young

Hope u fine.

According to ur advise i am going china for nerve rerouting of my bladder bowel function as i hope u know that i can walk easily. Hope u will ask Dr Xiao to favour me as already he is very helping with me due to ur reference.

Jawaid
    Pakistan
    Jawaid,

I hope the procedure works for you.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by freedomdan View Post
    This is the first I hear about this...Can you explain more...complete/incomplete

how expensive, what is to be done??
    If you do a search for Xiao, I have posted about the procedure. This procedure bridges from a ventral root below the injury site to the pudendal nerve (the nerve the innervates the bladder). The ventral root may be some lumbar segment above the S2 level. In about 80% of the cases, the ventral root will send axons and innervate the bladder. When one stimulates then stimulates the donor segment by scratching the dermatome for that segment, it stimulates the bladder to undergo micturation (pissing). This has been done in the United States at (New York University Medical Center) and Dr. Xiao has taught several other centers (in Detroit and Philadelphia) to do the procedure. I have no idea of the cost.

Wise.

Thank you Wise for the fast responce. I looked it up and the cost ranges from 30,000 to 40,000. Since it seems as though you recommend it, it surely is something I will look into further. Thank you Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    Dear Dr Young

Hope u fine.

Jawaid
    Pakistan

Jawaid,

Make sure to come back and post results!
    No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

Thanks Dr Young for ur advise and wishes. Hope u will talk to Dr Xiao for me also.

Tufelhunden may be i will be going in February next year. Will keep u updated and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    If you do a search for Xiao, I have posted about the procedure. This procedure bridges from a ventral root below the injury site to the pudendal nerve (the nerve the innervates the bladder). The ventral root may be some lumbar segment above the S2 level. In about 80% of the cases, the ventral root will send axons and innervate the bladder. When one stimulates then stimulates the donor segment by scratching the dermatome for that segment, it stimulates the bladder to undergo micturation (pissing). This has been done in the United States at (New York University Medical Center) and Dr. Xiao has taught several other centers (in Detroit and Philadelphia) to do the procedure. I have no idea of the cost.

Wise.
    tell us DR dose it work or will it help

Anyone know about results from this procedure? Experience that is - not publications.

Exclamation where are you jawaid ?

dear jawaid not seeing u from very long time, hows ur health ? whats u plane for future and any new news about treatment ?
    love
    pavel