Thread: Bound and determined...thanx all

Bound and determined...thanx all

WENT TO NEUROLOGIST YESTERDAY, RELAYING THE MSG. FROM MY PAIN MGMT DOCTOR SAYING IF RAISING THE METHADONE DOESN'T WORK THEN THATS IT HAVE TO LIVE W/ IT. THANX TO YAHOO, GOOGLE, AND THE CARE CURE COMMUNITY I HAD A LIST OF OPTIONS. HOWEVER FROM THE LIST WE SOMEHOW ENDED UP W/ CYMBALTA, INTRODUCING IT SLOWLY. NOW BEFORE N AFTER MY SCI IVE ALWAYS HAD A CRAZY HIGH TOLERANCE FOR MEDS, BUT THIS STUFF MADE ME SO NAUSEOUS......UGHHH. ABOUT 2 R 3 HOURS LATER IT FLOORED ME, NEVER ACTUALLY VOMITTED BUT HEAVED FOREVER. I FORGOT TO REMIND YA THIS WAS FOR TREATING NEURO PAIN NOT ANXIETY OR DEPRESSION. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE REACTED THIS WAY TO CYMBALTA. DID YOU RIDE IT OUT....WAIT FOR IT TO STABILIZE R TRY SOMETHING ELSE? TOO LATE FOR TODAY I'VE JUST HAD MY DOSE.....EKE. THE WEBSITE DID SAY --THE MOST COMMON SIDE EFFECT FROM ALL STUDIES WAS NAUSEA, BUT NOT BAD ENOUGH TO DISCONTINUE-- SO JUST WONDERING HOW YOU FELT. IT DOESN'T HELP THAT I HAVEN'T HAD A STRONG UTI IN QUITE SOMETIME UNTIL A WEEK OR SO AGO BUT A UTI SHOULDN'T UPSET MY STOMACH W/OUT A FEVER.

THANX AGN
    JOSH

Double check instructions, with/or /withOUT food? Any contraindications? like milk, or other drugs, have you cut back on meth? all this could possibly affect the drug.Good luck, I puked once since sci, gawd it was bad enuf b4, now it's down right , not right!

I've puked and heaved many times from withdrawls, never from introducing new meds. Did you cut back the methodone? That almost certainly can make you sick. I've tried cymbalta in the past but did nothing for me. I'd like to try methodone but my dr. won't, I'm on lyrica and topomax, not cuting it!
    Dave
    C5/C6 complete
    http://www.davegrotzinger.com
    http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

Have you reported it to the doc? Maybe have you titrate up, starting with a smaller dose?