Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: making a career change at 36

what about a occupational therapist working in a rehab center or hospital. Your experience is gold. I bet every quad will be happy to have you as a trainer.

My idea: If you think you might like to do this as a job but you can't find the right place just start to do this job as a voluntary in a hospital (or rehab center) and because your really good at this, they will hire you ASIP.
    This signature left intentionally blank.

Quote Originally Posted by cypresss View Post
    what about a occupational therapist working in a rehab center or hospital. Your experience is gold. I bet every quad will be happy to have you as a trainer.

My idea: If you think you might like to do this as a job but you can't find the right place just start to do this job as a voluntary in a hospital (or rehab center) and because your really good at this, they will hire you ASIP.
    FYI: you need a Masters to work as an OT.

and a doctorate for Physical Therapy
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

thx 4 all the ideas guys/ladies. something will pop.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

But hey .. what about a personal trainer? That sounds like it would be right up your alley! Kinda wish I lived in Ohio in that case! You could advertise at any rehab centre I'm sure ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    But hey .. what about a personal trainer? That sounds like it would be right up your alley! Kinda wish I lived in Ohio in that case! You could advertise at any rehab centre I'm sure ... ?
    that would be great but wouldnt pay well. to get my salary needs meet it will need to be in business that uses my background and experience. im hammering away. it will pop, just horrible time to job hunt.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by cypresss View Post

many thx.

unfortunately ot's dont get payed enough
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

How much do you need/want to make? OTs around here can easily start fresh out of school @ $30/hr.