Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dogger was killed in an accident

If ever there would be a CareCure Hall of Fame, this man deserves a place in it. RIP Peter!
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

I was very saddened to hear this news this evening. Peter was a determined and knowledgable advocate for SCI treatment and cure, traveling to the United States, China and long distances in Australia to learn and share. A loyal and caring friend, Peter went out of his way to bring cheer and hope to others. He helped innumerable people on this site with his experiences, insights and advice.
    After first connecting with Peter on the Caregivers forum and laughing at his outrageous jokes and stories on the phone, we met after he attended the Work to Walk. I met him at O'Hare Airport in Chicago and we traveled into the city to visit Chick and Scorpion. Wearing his cowboy hat, his bush boots and an ever ready smile, he was entertaining telling his stories, drinking a few beers and holding forth on various subjects. When he came on to Wisconsin for a few days he was great company. Up at 5 every morning, by evening he would be in the recliner, gently snoring, while "watching" the telly with Jim. And shopping for Bill, Harry and Lulu was a hilarious side trip. He loved you so much, and often bragged about your accomplishments, and your escapades were shared with a delighted laugh. Please accept our condolences and a salute to a man of moral fibre, brave yet compassionate, humorous and loyal, he lived his convictions and his life with fervor and verve. Debra and Jim

This thread belongs on a new CareCure memorial wall. Dogger was awesome. I hope no one forgets him. He was the best in each one of us. He was what we only aspire to be.
    ~See you at the CareCure-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post

I remember when November was brand new to CareCure. She was young and beautiful, of course. Peter wanted to be sure she'd not be welcomed by a pack of drooling young men, so he was careful to introduce us. He was very thoughtful that way. I felt quite flattered that he thought highly enough of me to entrust me with the duty of showing Nov around.
    Dogger was a kind man. He was my first friend on CareCure along side Betheny when I found the site in 2003. We spent many endless hours over the years chatting. I didn't get to meet him in 2007. We wanted to meet but I was in the process of moving across the country and couldn't tell him with certainty which state I would be in on the dates he was planning on being here. I wish we would have. I wish I wouldn't have waited to email/IM him too because now it's too late. I knew my birthday just passed and his is just a few days away. Too late now.

He really did love his kids. He always looked forward to their visits and shared pictures of them. I was amazed at how fast the years went by.

I hope he wasn't upset we lost touch lately. Life happens I suppose. He did confide in me and Dogger, know I never told a soul.

Be at peace.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

RIP Peter...you were one of the most intelligent and unique men I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. The respect that so many people here had for you speaks of the type of man you were. I wish so much that things were different, life can be incredibly cruel and at this stage I just shake my head and wonder why.

I am crying. Here is a picture of our dinner at the Third International Spinal Cord Injury Treatment and Trials Symposium last month in Beijing. From left to right,

Myself, Jacqui Bresnahan, Suzie Harkema, Michael Beattie, Suzie's husband, Dogger (Peter Frye), Dongming Sun, Liz (World Traveller), Andy Blight, Hongyun Huang, Alok Sharma, and Jun Tan.

I too am crying in unison with Wise. Even though I never met Dogger in person, I was blessed with the opportunity to chat with him in the chat room. There were several times we got to do this and I hold some some special thoughts of funny words he shared with me which I recall at this time too . Never will forget the laughs we had. He was a gentleman and I loved to chat with him. Will miss him so very much. The following is dedicated to you, Dogger.

Sleep in peace my Friend
    May the Angels surround you
    Singing a sweet lullaby
    While you slumber

Maybe someday we will meet again
    In a land of harmony and peace
    Where we may stroll together
    Walking down a heavenly path

Raven

This is so shocking - Dogger was not just a great guy with enormous heart and humour - he was a force, an energy that spread like wildfire across any crowd or room. How he will be missed by all who knew him.

RIP Dogger, I'll miss your posts and getting to know you better, Thanks for everything.

No words can ease the pain of losing a loved one, but to Peter's family: I hope that you can hold on to the good and special memories, to get you through this time of pain and sorrow.

Also, try not to hurt on unsaid things, allow yourselves to grief, and let his love and legacy lead you through the path of healing, how ever long it might take.

As painful as it is, let yourself feel. It's OKAY to hurt, and it is OKAY to smile.

He will live on forever through you!
    Thoughts become things, choose the good ones!