Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dogger was killed in an accident

This was in Malaysia. It was a lot of work for him to get out to the jetski, walking through sand. But his kids were there and with one hand on Bill's shoulder and one on Harry's, he got out there and had a great time. Lulu took the pictures and acted as an overseer, as she likes to do.
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 11-19-2008 at 12:59 PM.

R.I.P. Dogger
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

I couldn't re-size that photo properly.

May you be in a better place. RIP

Unhappy

Deepest sympathies to his friends and family.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Aww crap. CC and the world at large, has lost a very good man.

R.I.P. Dogger you will be missed.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends...

I haven't been on CC in several years, so I don't know most of you. But I had to add my thoughts anyway. Peter was many things to many of us. He was a true friend -- the kind of friend that is always there for you, never judgmental, always supportive. I can't count the hours he spent on line and on the phone with me talking me through one crisis after another with my late husband's injury. He always had an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on. He had a wonderful, quick wit and a brilliant way with words. He was one of SCI's most enthusiastic, hard-working and brilliant advocates. He was a gentleman and loved the ladies -- though he also knew when the occasion allowed for his wonderful risque sense of humor. He was a loving father and I cherish the many times he would call so I could speak with his monSTARS as he called the triplets. I was so fortunate that he was able to visit us in the U.S. a couple of times and was so looking forward to seeing him again this spring. I could go on forever, but we all know what we have lost and the gaping hole that is left is so many hearts and lives. I would never have made it through the first couple of years of my late husband's SCI without Peter and my life would not have been as enjoyable or meaningful without his friendship the last 7 or 8 years. I wish I had been half as good a friend to Peter as he was to me.

Peter, I love you and I'll miss you forever. And I'll sing Happy Birthday and drink a beer for you on Saturday.

kfcm

Oh man, how sad.

Dogger (Peter) and I along with Cheesecake, Sue P, etc. were among the original moderators on CC. I remember many spirited conversations with him and a lot of laughs. I had the opportunity to meet dogger in D.C. and share a pint. Loved his stories, the ongoings of his kids and the ranch and his amazing inventiveness. The man lived on his own terms in the Australian outback (no easy feat for the able-bodied), mastered the adaptations to his injury yet never lost his sense of humor, compassion, commitment and determinitation to live life to the fullest!!

He was one of my favorites here, someone who I respected and looked forward to reading. He will be sorely missed. My prayers go out to his mates, family and loved ones around the world.

Cheers mate..

How sad. All my best to his family. He was a good guy.