Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ICORD building opens

It looks beautiful! How does Rick Hansen never age!?!? lol
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    It looks beautiful! How does Rick Hansen never age!?!? lol
    Maybe it's the fishing

Nice place you got there. Congrats.

Everyone here should know that the Blusson Spinal Cord Centre is A REAL BIG DEAL.

From their phamphlet:

"A shared Vision. A Common Goal.

Blussom Spinal Cord Centre is home to the largest and most comprehensive interdispinary SCI research and care program in the world. This unique initiative brings together over 300 SCI researchers and practitioners from the sciences, medicine, surgery, rehabilitation, engineering, and community-based humanities and services who will work with people with SCI to facilitate the discovery and implementation of relevant solutions to improve functional recovery, mobility, community integration and quality of life."

And as Dr. FInk (HSP/PLS researcher) once told us HSPers, spinal cord research will certainly help us too. The research is about managing messages travelling down the spine and that will help those with many disorders. There's a lot for everyone to be hopeful for.

The biggest thing I think is, the researchers are actually talking to one another. They are not competing for the next drug, the next quick fix. They're working as a team and their information is open to the public, and other doctors.

A REAL VERY BIG DEAL.

Thanks to all u Canadians.

Quote Originally Posted by Funny Walker View Post
    Everyone here should know that the Blusson Spinal Cord Centre is A REAL BIG DEAL.

From their phamphlet:

"A shared Vision. A Common Goal.

Blussom Spinal Cord Centre is home to the largest and most comprehensive interdispinary SCI research and care program in the world. This unique initiative brings together over 300 SCI researchers and practitioners from the sciences, medicine, surgery, rehabilitation, engineering, and community-based humanities and services who will work with people with SCI to facilitate the discovery and implementation of relevant solutions to improve functional recovery, mobility, community integration and quality of life."

And as Dr. FInk (HSP/PLS researcher) once told us HSPers, spinal cord research will certainly help us too. The research is about managing messages travelling down the spine and that will help those with many disorders. There's a lot for everyone to be hopeful for.

The biggest thing I think is, the researchers are actually talking to one another. They are not competing for the next drug, the next quick fix. They're working as a team and their information is open to the public, and other doctors.
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Way to go Canada!

This is great news for the global spinal cord community. Coupled with Americas President Elect, I'd say things are starting to look up. Now if we could just get SCREA & CDRPA passed, the wheels would really be in motion.
    Here's Hoping!

This new centre is really great to read more about, again congrats. -Anybody know what kind of research on regenerating there is in the pipeline?

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    A REAL VERY BIG DEAL.

Thanks to all u Canadians.
    As a Canadian I do appreciate the gratitude but The Blussom Spinal Cord Centre is not a gift from 'Canadians'. There's likely just a few Canadians who know anything about it.

It began as a vision of Rick Hansen. It was Rick and his many supporters, whom I expect come from Canada and many different countries across the globe, who actually made it happen. And a big thanks goes out to the Blussoms for their ten million dollar donation.