Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody watch the new Friday night lights on Weds nights?

Anybody watch the new Friday night lights on Weds nights?

And how do you think it compares to the older shows? I'm really liking it, I'm addicted to that show. I really like the new theme song "I was livin in a devil town" unfortunately the new show is only available on Directv now as far as I know, but I think it will eventually be on network as you can see that spaces where they have to have advertisements in the footage, even though they just run it straight through now. This week Jason Street goes to the big city to try and make a new start, I hope it works out for him, but I have the feeling the road is going to be bumpy.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Smile

I enjoy it too, but don't watch it til Friday so don't give anything away

What channel is it on, time, etc... I used to watch it on Friday's is it the same plot line..
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

I like this show. I have watched the first two seasons, but will have to wait till the third comes to NBC or DVD. I do not have Direct TV.
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow." - Mario Andretti

I DVR'd the 1st episode but decided that I had enough shows to watch now that I'll just wait until Feb. to watch when other shows are finishing up.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    And how do you think it compares to the older shows? I'm really liking it, I'm addicted to that show. I really like the new theme song "I was livin in a devil town" unfortunately the new show is only available on Directv now as far as I know, but I think it will eventually be on network as you can see that spaces where they have to have advertisements in the footage, even though they just run it straight through now. This week Jason Street goes to the big city to try and make a new start, I hope it works out for him, but I have the feeling the road is going to be bumpy.
    I'm addicted to it also but don't have Direct TV. I can't beleve NBC cancelled it. Some friends and I sent emails requesting they save the show but not sure if it will do any good! Have you emailed NBC?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome Wheeler View Post
    I can't beleve NBC cancelled it.
    Not according to this:

Season 3 of Friday Night Lights premiered last night on DirecTV, meaning many fans of the football drama were unable to watch. The episodes of Friday Night Lights season 3 won't be available to the mainstream audience until February, when they air on NBC.
    http://www.buddytv.com/articles/frid...scu-18300.aspx

Or watch it online here.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Yes direct tv bought out the rights to the show. I think they did this because they knew how popular the show was and that it would force some people to sign up for their service. I'm ok with direct tv except for when it comes to getting a tech out to the house. I've been waiting a month now for a tech who is coming Dec 1st, lol. They are very slow and do things on their own time I have found.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Smile

They do suck with service but if you hammer them with disabilty and get to a supervisor you can get them in a day or two. Anyway it worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by chiappa View Post
    They do suck with service but if you hammer them with disabilty and get to a supervisor you can get them in a day or two. Anyway it worked for me.
    Wow, thanks for the advice I'll have to try that next time. Waiting all this time is crazy, I could not believe when they told me Dec 1st back in October, that is unheard of, the cable company would never do that.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred