Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Willing to Be Interviewed By Me?

OJ,

I think you have a great idea for your paper. I think many SCI's get thrown into the "hero" or "your life must suck" scenario and really we're all just trying to get back to somewhat normal. Good luck on your paper it looks like you have tons of help but here's one more offer from a caregiver perspective.

To all those who responded, you guys rock!!!! I love the support around here.

I'm also in if you need another growing up disabled story but I probably don't fit into what you want since my "sci" is congenital + I think the Hydrocephalus/Brain Damage/Learning Disabilities has had a more negative impact then being a para.

So yeah my perspective would be way different but if you want it give me a shout.

This'll be good practice for your book; or, I nominate OJ to write a book.

Looks like you have plenty, but I'm willing if you need me.

I hope you feel better soon.

I am willing

Put out the questions here and we can answer you by pm
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue View Post
    Pick me Pick me!!!!
    LOL. No me!
    Not doing anything else this week anyhow.
    I'd be glad to help.

I think the only time people get annoyed by these things is when someone no one knows comes on, and posts questions, w/o giving any info about themselves.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I have been extremely unproductive today so I don't have interview questions yet. I had a flu shot and still got sick...bah. But I have thought about it and am getting a better idea on how to proceed with the paper and interviews. This way of interviewing may work well, or it may not. But let's give it a try.

I was a little overwhelmed by the number of people who said there were willing to be interviewed (but overwhelmed in a good way!). It is really a great thing....I think the more voices I can bring in, the better the paper will be. So what I think I am going to is post a whole whack of general questions and then people can pick to answer which ones they want either by a private message on here or through an email address I will post. And then I can follow up with people one on one with more specific questions. I will try and post them tonight.

If I had more time, I would find a way to do a proper interview with everybody who indicated they are willing. I just don't have the resources to do that right now with such a close deadline. However, this paper could feasibly turn into a much larger project for a more advanced writing course I will be taking next semester. So I hope that I can take everybody up on their generous offers of help with a "real" interview eventually.

Thanks again everybody. I will be back in a few hours with the questions

Ask away OJ, Mom of 2 divorced 7 years in chair.
    For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

Just saw this. Of course, anything you want. From the viewpoint of a husband/caregiver.
    - Richard

I would love to help also.