Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Women Only Forum

Can I get access to the Womens Only forum?

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    Currently your account is shared by a male and female member. Because of that I would say no. If NL wants to start a separate account and email me via PM, we can talk about options.
    What do you do about members who don't show their photos? Take their word for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    What do you do about members who don't show their photos? Take their word for it?
    We have a verification system to make certain all members granted access to the Women's Only Forum are in fact women.

I would like to remind everyone that it is never acceptable for a male to access the Women's Only Forum. Not a male friend, boyfriend or spouse.

WHat is the system? One was to be put in place last year but I didn't think it ever occured.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Join

Sorry I did not know we had to ask to join, and I posted.

May I join, I am 3 1/2 mo post Burst fracture L1, still recovering and trying to deal with neuropothy.

I will post a picture so you can see who I am ....

I love this site, and reading the posts, I feel badly when I see posts where people get hurt, I think everyone has a opinion, it's kinda like the golden rule once you say something you can't take it back...

Literally I check this site several times a day, maybe I have too much time on my hands....
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

Just needing for clarification -

This is the Mobile Women Forum, a sub-cateory of SCI Community Forums, where anyone (member or non) and of either gender can post...

and then there is a Women's ONLY Forum where only women with general membership, who have requested specific membership to Women's Only, have access to.

Is this correct?

One more thing, where is "Women's Only" Forum link? Is it visible only to members??

Yes, only members can see it.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Just needing for clarification -

This is the Mobile Women Forum, a sub-cateory of SCI Community Forums, where anyone (member or non) and of either gender can post...

and then there is a Women's ONLY Forum where only women with general membership, who have requested specific membership to Women's Only, have access to.

Is this correct?

One more thing, where is "Women's Only" Forum link? Is it visible only to members??
    If you go into your control panel on here where you can set your account options, on the left hand side there is a listing for "group memberships." The women's only forum *should* be listed there and allow you the option to click a link and request access. I say should because I am not entirely sure if everybody's control panel is the same.

Edit to add: Or if you send Obie or cheesecake (the forum moderators) a private message they can give you access that way as well.
    Last edited by orangejello; 02-24-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Ahh, I see. Thanks oj!

I wasn't so much interested in joining as I was curious and confused about the whole thing, especially seeing that many women are posting some personal "feminine" issue related type stuff in this OPEN Mobile Women forum.

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Ahh, I see. Thanks oj!

I wasn't so much interested in joining as I was curious and confused about the whole thing, especially seeing that many women are posting some personal "feminine" issue related type stuff in this OPEN Mobile Women forum.
    Yes I agree with you that there isn't really anything that makes the difference between the open forum and the private one very clear. I suspect that sometimes female members may post in the mobile women forum in error thinking it is the private forum, especially if they are new to care cure.