Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Waist, not weight, key to long life Putting on the pounds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Member Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Montreal,Province of Quebec, CANADA
    Posts
    15,036

    Waist, not weight, key to long life Putting on the pounds

    Waist, not weight, key to long life

    Putting on the pounds



    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...e-1015837.html

  2. #2
    Senior Member Mona~on~wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleburne, Texas, USA
    Posts
    5,664
    Yes the size of your omentum.
    But what can I do? I have a large quad belly.
    I barely eat, and I eat very healthy! But it keeps getting bigger.

  3. #3
    Mona, I am in your position. I've been eating so healthy and I've dramatically cut my calorie and fat intake. I'm doing what upper body exercises I can as well. I feel my metabolism has totally stopped. Does anyone know of tricks to increasing it?I feel disgusting and this really worries me. If you find a trick , let me know please!

    BTW, I can tell in your profile picture that you have lost weight

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    middle georgia
    Posts
    2,308
    LOL I AGREE what can we do about that dam gut . i am very self conscious of it
    as i was flat tommy till i got sci

    any thing we can do.i eat pretty health i have put on 7 lbs in 7 yr lol wt 132 and i am 57
    was 5'4' beforse sci and wt 126

  5. #5
    Senior Member Mona~on~wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleburne, Texas, USA
    Posts
    5,664
    Quote Originally Posted by quad79 View Post
    Mona, I am in your position. I've been eating so healthy and I've dramatically cut my calorie and fat intake. I'm doing what upper body exercises I can as well. I feel my metabolism has totally stopped. Does anyone know of tricks to increasing it?I feel disgusting and this really worries me. If you find a trick , let me know please!

    BTW, I can tell in your profile picture that you have lost weight
    Me, lol. Thanks

    My face, arms, and legs are skinny.
    But my gut is 31" wide. Unbelievable!
    I worked out 1 1/2 hrs & ran 6 miles 3-5 days a week before.
    I don't eat sugar, white bread, white floor, white rice.
    I eat salmon, chicken, raw & steamed fresh or frozen veggies.
    I'm serous I eat better than I've every eaten.
    But my gut keeps getting bigger.
    If I cut back my bowels stop moving.
    You not only have to eat fiber but must eat enough to get it to move.

    Help! Anyone? Someone? What can we do?

  6. #6
    Senior Member wtf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    silver state
    Posts
    3,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
    Me, lol. Thanks

    My face, arms, and legs are skinny.
    But my gut is 31" wide. Unbelievable!
    I worked out 1 1/2 hrs & ran 6 miles 3-5 days a week before.
    I don't eat sugar, white bread, white floor, white rice.
    I eat salmon, chicken, raw & steamed fresh or frozen veggies.
    I'm serous I eat better than I've every eaten.
    But my gut keeps getting bigger.
    If I cut back my bowels stop moving.
    You not only have to eat fiber but must eat enough to get it to move.

    Help! Anyone? Someone? What can we do?
    I don't know Mona because it sounds like you're eating better, how about consulting a nutritionist. When I need to lose 5lbs, I do it by eating more lean protein and little carbs, that works for me.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3
    i use a wist belt like a corset, it hides and prevent quad belly.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Mona~on~wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleburne, Texas, USA
    Posts
    5,664
    Quote Originally Posted by quad_21 View Post
    i use a wist belt like a corset, it hides and prevent quad belly.

    What is a wist belt?


    I have to do something soon. My 1 yr old granddaughter won't fit on my lap.
    Quad belly to big.

  9. #9
    I use to have a nice looking body before injury. Well, this gut and butt seems to spread out more and more. I never thought I would ever wear this size pants. gggrrrrr
    When I watch TV I twist in my wc. Arms go one way and wc goes the other way. I can hold on to the table so my legs don't hit nothing and twist real good and feel it in my waist.
    Give it a try. If you are in a manual wc.
    Looks like I'm ready to deliver any time.
    Mary
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

  10. #10
    Moderator jody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    east o the southern warren
    Posts
    8,530
    same problem. I cant eat hardly anything. and my belly is huge the rest of me isnt at all.

Similar Threads

  1. Neurontin & weight gain
    By Maureen63 in forum Pain
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 12-12-2012, 08:47 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 03:14 PM
  3. LIFE House helps spinal cord victims find independence
    By antiquity in forum Ability & Disability News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2003, 03:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •