Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not treating UTIs?

I too can tell when my bladder is suffering by the tell-tale zits that appear. It's like the immune system doesn't have the resources to cope with everything. That's when I break out the Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ba Zheng San. Otherwise I ascribe to the camp that treats the bladder as an aquarium. Provide an ideal environment and the bacteria count will stay low.

I found D'Mannose to be nasty on my stomach. I eat well, drink a ton of hot herb or decaf tea, warms me up, add water to that so I drink enough. Doing more each day but really feel like I'm pushing past my limits and I'm adding going back to PT soon. I also just started taking Align to deal with the IBS. The daily L-Lysine took care of the internal serious roid bleeds. That stuff really helps with any mucous membrane problems. So I'm sure my next "mild anemia" will be a normal RBC.

Any ideas on how long each day we should be up in our chairs? Tuesday I did 5am to 10pm and my dog needed several naps. I just passed out when I hit the pillow.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Sue, I wonder that also. In my situation, I have infection in my back from fusion surg last yr. Infection is on hardware and doesn't get healed with oral antibio.'s, but they won't go in and take out hardware for 5 more mo.'s. I'm on 2 antibiotice for the duration to try and "tie down" the infection. So I figure it's no use trying to keep the flora up, while taking the a/b.hopefully the a/b's keep my uti's in check too.

Ah guys, don't waste time asking the medical profession for advice on asymptomatic bacteriuria. CIC is much better than ID, but brings in big bucks for medical equipment manufacturers, so thery're not much inclination to look for better solutions for the neurogenic bladder. I suppose we should be glad that colonization rather than acute infection seems to be the common medium-term result of CIC. But I agree with Sue, it's a drag if this produces subclinical fatigue all the time. And the long-term effects can't be good. But hey, it's manageable, 'long as one doesn't fight the bad days. As for Mannose, it's probably not of much help. Colonization apparently involves a semi-stable population of bacteria duking it out on the bladder wall; the cyclic rise & fall of different species is probably what keeps the infection subclinical. So using Mannose to flush one species is almost as bad as using antibiotics. The most practical response to these worries is probably just to forget about them most of the time... When you're tired, sleep. - fw

Sleep it is now. I find the chair annoyingly uncomfortable if I'm too tired to do anything.

And I'm beginning to think those colonizations may be what causes the bladder cancers in those who use indwellings.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I just went top my doctor I know my bladder is funk but not enough for me to get a lab bill. I have been working out and diet down to a 34 waist. I know moving around in bed or work makes my bladder get to bisiness.