Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Started doing wifes bp

Started doing wifes bp

I started doing my wifes BP at the hospital this weekend. She will be coming home this Thursday for good. I guess the 1 thing im most worried about is keeping her skin clean and healthy. How do i know when something is not right and when do i call or make a appointment for the doctor. I guess im trippin just feeling a lil over welmed with all the new changes to come. She has not been our home since her paralices 4-21-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzal View Post
    I started doing my wifes BP at the hospital this weekend. She will be coming home this Thursday for good. I guess the 1 thing im most worried about is keeping her skin clean and healthy. How do i know when something is not right and when do i call or make a appointment for the doctor. I guess im trippin just feeling a lil over welmed with all the new changes to come. She has not been our home since her paralices 4-21-2008.

It will all fall into place bud...coming home IS scarey.. but you can come here anytime this place helped me sooo much when i was fresh.

We're here to help dizzal.
    Just remember to catch everything as soon as it happens.
    Don't wait till it gets big. kwim?
    I'm sure you'll be great with her.
    Remember AD! That's at the top of priorities.

What level is your wifes injury?
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by dizzal View Post
    It's a brave new world you are entering Dizzal but have no fear you are not alone ! You can do this ... any time you have a question come here and ask and we'll do our best to answer and support you any way we can.

It would be helpful to have a little more info. How accessible is your home ... what level injury ... do you have family/friends to support you??
    Let us know how we can help and always remember to take care of you .. too !!

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

ty all my wife is a c-6 c-7 incomplete

sorry for what you have to go through. great people here. lots of posts about life, and getting on with it. there's Dr young, and the sci nurses too. and their posts are really helpful too.

Thank you Jody they have been very helpfull and i will keep asking Questions

I hope your wife will be able to do her own BP at some point. It may be a possibility at her level.

hello Dizzal, when we first brought my son home he's 39, I was so scared...I remember a panic moment of calling 911 with his first ad while home...of course by the time they got there I managed to unclog his cath and that is all it took! and had been taught NOT to panic, lol...Just know you'll be a little frieghtened in the beginning but you'll have things down pat in no time! Will you have help? my legs used to shake when I'd use the hoyer knowing I'd drop him...today it's so matter of fact we just do it....We came home after 6 months with lots of drugs and I found I could not remember what each was for and how often to give it to him...so I wrote everything down, today show me a pill and I can tell ya what it is...what it is for....whether it works or not and when it expires,lol...and, you have CareCure! looking forward to getting to know you better! sending a hug for support, judy