Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 169

Thread: Welcome to the Mobile Women Forum

  1. #151
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,962
    Maybe a short phone call to/from a moderator to verify gender before admittance to Women Only. A few questions should do the trick. Everyone knows women talk in a secret code, so any guy would be busted right from the start.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  2. #152
    Senior Member Scorpion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,896
    Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Maybe a short phone call to/from a moderator to verify gender before admittance to Women Only. A few questions should do the trick. Everyone knows women talk in a secret code, so any guy would be busted right from the start.
    lol You may be on to something.

  3. #153
    I agree with the profile issue, both sides actually. Fakers will do anything to fit in but I'm still more comfy w/ complete profiles. For the most part, I've been more lurry of those not willing to share their info.

    I think there should be way more than the min. posts requirement now, 100 sounds more reasonable imo. Of course, I think moderators should also approve access based on their "feel" for the person as well. Just b/c a person posts "yea", "i agree", "me too" a zillion x's shouldn't constitute for acceptance.

    Idt there's any reason for a persons account or access to a private forum to be deleted if they're inactive for a certain length of time, this being that they ARE an established member. Doing so doesn't = shadiness or whatever. I'd hate to take time away & come back w/ a personal & or immediate question & not be able to. However, for instance, if someone has been a member for months w/ no activity but for obvious lurking..kick 'em out!

    Many have mentioned that we'll always run into imposters. This is very true unfortunately, just as IRL. It's time to clean this place up as much as we can though.

  4. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by quad79 View Post
    I agree with the profile issue, both sides actually. Fakers will do anything to fit in but I'm still more comfy w/ complete profiles. For the most part, I've been more lurry of those not willing to share their info.

    I think there should be way more than the min. posts requirement now, 100 sounds more reasonable imo. Of course, I think moderators should also approve access based on their "feel" for the person as well. Just b/c a person posts "yea", "i agree", "me too" a zillion x's shouldn't constitute for acceptance.

    Idt there's any reason for a persons account or access to a private forum to be deleted if they're inactive for a certain length of time, this being that they ARE an established member. Doing so doesn't = shadiness or whatever. I'd hate to take time away & come back w/ a personal & or immediate question & not be able to. However, for instance, if someone has been a member for months w/ no activity but for obvious lurking..kick 'em out!

    Many have mentioned that we'll always run into imposters. This is very true unfortunately, just as IRL. It's time to clean this place up as much as we can though.
    Many people lurk around here long before they even become members, I did for a year or so trying to figure out if this place was ligit(it was during the time of Acid's posts). And many even lurk after becoming members too afraid to jump right in because of some of the garbage that goes down on here.

  5. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Maybe a short phone call to/from a moderator to verify gender before admittance to Women Only. A few questions should do the trick. Everyone knows women talk in a secret code, so any guy would be busted right from the start.
    True that, we do talk in code and your are correct, any guy would be easy to sniff out. LOL!

  6. #156
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess "Leia" View Post
    Many people lurk around here long before they even become members, I did for a year or so trying to figure out if this place was ligit(it was during the time of Acid's posts). And many even lurk after becoming members too afraid to jump right in because of some of the garbage that goes down on here.

    I read for 1 month before joining the CC community and several more months before joining the woman's forum. Not posting in a forum on a regular basis shouldn't bar you from membership.

    I went off-line for 3 months due to medical issues. Should I have been barred from the CC community?

  7. #157
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    449
    Just curious, what is the difference between a junior member and a senior member?

  8. #158
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,962
    Probably a number of posts threshold is all that separates the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by peegy p View Post
    Just curious, what is the difference between a junior member and a senior member?
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  9. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by peegy p View Post
    I read for 1 month before joining the CC community and several more months before joining the woman's forum. Not posting in a forum on a regular basis shouldn't bar you from membership.

    I went off-line for 3 months due to medical issues. Should I have been barred from the CC community?
    This discussion really isn't about barring anyone from CC membership in general, just the Women's Only forum. I think there was 1 suggestion of disabling CC accounts that aren't active but it wasn't really germane to this conversation. Truth be told, anybody can read most of the forums at CC without ever joining. You have to join to post and to read a few of the forums.

    I, personally, would like to have some sense of a woman before they enter Women's Only. Not b/c any of us, as members, have the power or the desire to ban a particular woman, just that we'd like to verify that the poster IS a woman, if at all possible.

    If you want to know why I'll be happy to explain. For now I'll spare you the long history of the Women's Only forum, on the assumption that you already know it. I do think a minimum-post requirement to enter Women's Only is a fair thing to ask, don't you?

  10. #160
    I agree that a minimum number of posts should be considered...this will help us to sound out the person by reviewing their posts, and eliminate the one-post wonders who have often applied for membership to the Women Only with their first or second post. I think 100 is too many though. I would propose somewhere in the range of 20. Too few and we can't see patterns, too many and those who are not "post-whores" will take forever to be able to join us here legitimately.

    I would not support removing access simply because someone has not visited in a while. Family, work, health and other factors can often interfere with any of our abilities to get on-line, and going to this forum may be the least of someone's priorities if they are going through such issues.

    (KLD)

Similar Threads

  1. The experiences of disabled women
    By antiquity in forum Life
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 04:20 AM
  2. Family Violence Against Women With Disabilities
    By antiquity in forum Caregiving
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-28-2002, 03:27 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-24-2001, 03:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •