Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Mobile Women Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Just checking on you ladies so that you are safe, have enough food and don't get pregnant.
    Leif, for the most part, you just annoy the crap out of me; but I must admit that this post made me chuckle!
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    I agree with Mona here. In my Norwegian forum, members has to write 100 posts to get access to the personal stuff of the other members. This person has not been writing any post, nothing on her/his profile.
    Dear Woman from Europe,

Perhaps we can impose some kind of posting criterion for membership in the Women Only Forum. 100 seems reasonable to me. What do others think?

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Dear Woman from Europe,

Perhaps we can impose some kind of posting criterion for membership in the Women Only Forum. 100 seems reasonable to me. What do others think?

Wise.
    100 posts seems like a step in the right direction. It would tighten things up a bit.

I would even support putting members on "inactive status" after they do not post for three months...take away access to the members only forums, then changing them back to "active" when they start posting again (as long as they are not "inactive" for more than three months. I would suggest deleting those who do not post for six months, requiring them the re-join if they want to participate.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Quote Originally Posted by Danine View Post
    100 posts seems like a step in the right direction. It would tighten things up a bit.

I would even support putting members on "inactive status" after they do not post for three months...take away access to the members only forums, then changing them back to "active" when they start posting again (as long as they are not "inactive" for more than three months. I would suggest deleting those who do not post for six months, requiring them the re-join if they want to participate.
    Those are great suggestions. Stops the stalkers just joining to read what's very personal to the Women's Forum members.

Join in or good bye.

P.S. A completed PROFILE.

We kick members who have not been posting for a while. If we know the reason, like one woman had a daughter 11 who got cancer, they are not kicked. If people post 10 post and stop for two weeks, they are kicked.

We had to close the whole forum a month ago because the same crazy woman registered under a new name all the time and wrote bad thing to the other members all the time and she only wanted to fight and for three months she pretended to be at least 5 different persons and all of them knew her and told us how kind she was and what a great woman she was. So now only people who knows other people can be members. And it is only 70 members and most of them write nearly every day.

I understand that is not possible on this forum, here we are too many, but we still are very close and we have never had a fight.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Dear Woman from Europe,

Wise.
    I like the idea of some type of posting criterion for membership.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill

How do you stop guys pretending to be women from joining the Women Only forum? After what happened here recently with fake personalities, etc., I wonder if you can somehow prevent a male from joining surreptitiously. If you can already, or figure out a method, don't post it anywhere.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Dear Woman from Europe,

Wise.
    I think some sort of posting criteria sounds reasonable,too. I was surprised to notice the single poster granted access as well when Mona pointed it out.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=122223
    I briefly addressed this here. But apparantly dropped the ball and never came back and fully stated how I felt. After this thread I stopped feeling so safe and actually haven't posted about a few things I would have liked to. I am glad to see a policy change, but will we be able to go back and limit people who have already been accepted?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Is it possible to deny the women who have never written there? I hate when people read and never write like we are some kind of entertainment for them.

And yes, I know how difficult it is to write in another language than your own, but if people are able to read English they are able to write too. That is not an excuse.
    TH 12, 43 years post