Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Period and endometrial ablation

Period and endometrial ablation

Hello ladies,
    Just wondering how you effectively handle your period being in a wheelchair. I am having flap surgery for stage IV ischial wound and my mother will be coming in town for the 12 weeks of bed rest to help out. I don't think I can take care of my female needs while laying on my back. I am considering the ablation procedure but wanted so tips first. Normally I don't have any problems but I see one in my future with the extensive bed rest. Would love to hear suggestions.

Thanks,
    Sabrina

i am sorry but have no idea what this is or how its supposed to help you. can you give more info?

I'm AB, but had the uterine ablation two years ago. Fabulous procedure! Virtually no recovery time.

One thing to keep in mind is that while it is not a form of birth control, it basically rules out pregnancy as an option.
    Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
    Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
    -- Lucy VanPelt

I had it done pre SCI and it failed on me, but everyone else I know has had excellent success.
    I had a hard time getting it approved by my insurance though even with a year of problems to back up the need.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

I had the novasure and absolutely love the results, no more period. there's a thread in care you can search for if youre interested.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Thank you ladies for your responses. The trouble seems to be finding someone who can get me in before my flap surgery on January 7th. I would love to not deal with my period on that lengthy bed rest time.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

leschinsky- did your insurance company pay for the procedure? I have blue cross blue shield but I'm not sure they will approve it. Do you know how much it cost out of pocket?

I had an ablation procedure a couple years ago - it's so worth it! They were worried about AD and gave me a local anesthetic, but I was completely ok throughout. No regrets here.

i'm seriously considering this procedure as well. handling my periods is getting tougher and i do not like taking pills
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

My tubes are tied so I haven't had to worry about taking the pill. Did your insurance cover the procedure, Cryptigimp?