Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: VA benefits....In service or not you qualify...

Blog Entries
    A recent bill has removed the requirement for cat 4 veterans to make co-payments for Doctor visits and Prescriptions.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Quote Originally Posted by Donno View Post
    A recent bill has removed the requirement for cat 4 veterans to make co-payments for Doctor visits and Prescriptions.
    Wow. I was wondering why I haven't received a bill lately. I was going to square it up in December- at my next appt.
    Dave

Butterfly, I recently was hired as the PVA, National Service Officer at the Long Beach, VA. My boss is based at the Seatle PVA office but will be with me all this week training me. Give us a call anytime this week. Based on the information you posted you absolutely qualify for VA care. Eventhough you already have insurance it won't hurt to have double coverage. I have been nothing but impressed with the care I have received at the VA.

Anytime you are ever around other SCI patients please ask if any are vets and if they are receiving benefits, you will be surprised on how many vets have fallen through the cracks and don't know about their benefits, I was one of them. Tomorrow a vet I found on FB, 25 years post injury is having his first VA annual physical.

Give us a call......Enrique or Michael
    562-826-5713
    800-497-0565

http://www.pva.org/site/c.ajIRK9NJLc...ligibility.htm

That's awesome, thanx POP0367, will do
    Rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by POPO367 View Post
    I have been nothing but impressed with the care I have received at the VA.
    Ditto!
    Dave

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Herco16 View Post
    Ditto!
    Me too, absolutely!
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Great post POPO367! Congrats on the new job. I've been an outpatient at the Long Beach VA for over 20 years now, never needed anything major but the care I have received so far has been top notch. If I ever need the PVAs help I'll be knocking on your door.

After a few phone calls I spoke to a kind woman at the nearest VA who is going to try to help us reach someone with more information.
    She said there is a spinal clinic in Minneapolis that is "wonderful."
    She was not sure of the details with the business office since my husband gets Medicare and is on a waiver program.
    At least I have a name and extention number.

Linda, Getting VA benefits in no way interferes with your ability to continue to use Medicare benefits, nor to use waiver attendant services if you qualify. The VA cannot bill Medicare, and your husband should be rated Category 4, so no copay either (as above).

Did you ask specifically for the local VA's SCI Coordinator (social worker)? I sent you their phone number for direct contact. The SCI clinic at your local VA should be taking care of these issues for you. They are considered a "spoke" clinic for your "hub" SCI Center, which is at Minneapolis. This is one of the newest of the VA SCI centers and I consider them to be an excellent program as well.

(KLD)

Yes, I used the information you sent me. They were out, but the woman I spoke with worked with them and was going to speak with them and they will get back to me.
    I'll wait a day or two before I call her back.
    She explained what the spinal clinic in Mpls is like and what a good doc is there.
    I was concerned about finding a hotel for him as so hard with the hoyer etc and she explained that they have accommodations.
    Thanks so much again.