Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have I Been Hacked?

I'm running Windows XP. If I click on control panel>system>remote, then I uncheck the "remote assistance" box will that prevent someone from using a remote connection to access my computer? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards View Post
    What exactly were the pix of?

It could just be a trick. Can you post the links here?

Steven, what do you mean it could just be a trick? Do you mean the links she sent simply directed me into my own computer files and she never hacked in or had access? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    I'm running Windows XP. If I click on control panel>system>remote, then I uncheck the "remote assistance" box will that prevent someone from using a remote connection to access my computer? Thanks.
    would this effect wi-fi?
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Steven, what do you mean it could just be a trick? Do you mean the links she sent simply directed me into my own computer files and she never hacked in or had access? Thanks.
    That's what I mean, yes. It fits Occam's razor nicely.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Through that mechanism, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    would this effect wi-fi?
    No.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Thanks I unchecked my remotey thing.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

That was my thought. Did she describe the pictures at all? Ot could her comments applied to ANY pictures you had?
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Well, Somewhat I'd say. She said something like; "So you have a new girlfriend? Here you go .........Looks Like Deja Vue". And of course it was a link to my pix. In the Atlantic City album or file (the one link she sent to me) there are about 65 pix and only 5 of them are of my girlfriend. The rest of the AC pix are of the Boardwalk, me, hotels, the beach, other people, etc. That said, of all the pix in the computer most of the albums or files do NOT contain pix of my girlfriend because she takes most of the pictures. So this particular album contains more pix of my girlfriend than any other. Also, I do know who this woman is and I know her husband is an IT engineer at a major money center bank. She had said in the past she knew a lot about computers and her husband was a computer expert.
    Last edited by smokey; 11-19-2008 at 11:06 AM.

U sure that these pics are not posted in some profile in Facebook, or MySpace or something like that? She could have seen it by your e-mail if so.
    Thoughts become things, choose the good ones!

Polett, No they are not posted anywhere on the internet....frankly they are too boring. In addition, when I clicked on the link and the new window appeared it had the "drop box" at the top; my computer > my documents > my pictures > picture package > Atlantic City.