Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Need opinions on my new business website

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423 View Post
    Another thing,

I understand that you need a lot of written information here, to explain what the product does, kind of an infomercial. So I like the links on the sidebar that take you to more details. Perhaps the home page could be streamlined more. A good picture, and this part of the information. Whatever I cut out could be added to the sidebar links. (Obviously, with more formatting, I am limited here in the reply box).

WARNING!

Your house could freeze up while you are away!

Temperature Alert Monitors LLC

The patent pending Temperature Alert Monitor is one of the most simple and effective ways for you to monitor the temperature in your home while you are away. Home freeze-ups in the event of a heating system malfunction or power failure can cost tens of thousands of dollars in damage left undetected. Armed with the Temperature Alert Monitor you can monitor for abnormally low temperature as easily as checking your voice messages!

Feel assured in ordering the Temperature Alert Monitor as there is a 30 day money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied. The monitor also includes a 90 day parts and labor warranty. For those worried about temperature alert privacy, the alert can easily be blended into your outgoing answering machine message. Included with your order comes the instruction sheet, the warranty sheet and return policy, the Temperature Alert Monitor unit and the FCC approved modular connection box.

In stock & ready for shipment.

Only $119.95 with free USPS shipping

paypal link here
    Thanks so much for all the help, you have some really good ideas and I put them some of them into the new re-designed site I just finished. Got rid of the spaceman and went with a beach ball instead, lol. It all seems to flow together real well and looks real professional now. About the only thing I dont like is the stretched picture. Could you possibley post that picture with the bars on each side only in Black and not pink? I'd really appreciate that, I dont know how to change a picture like that. I could copy and copy that and try it and see if that cuts down on the stretching effect at all. Then the site will be perfect. Real good suggestion of yours about changing around the link, I managed to change it too so now you dont jump off the site when the clip plays on youtube, it opens up a new box.

This whole thing in doing up this site has been kinda fun, although very time consuming.

I got rid of the "Warning" thingy, I just felt like I did'nt want to be preaching to people and trying to use fear tactics on them, so I kept it simple and objective.

Thanks again for the help, here is the new site www.freezewarn.com
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Related to web design, somebody told me that an image values more than thousand words.

If people cannot see what you sell, they wont buy.
    Last edited by foffana; 11-13-2008 at 10:04 AM.

WARNING!

Your house could freeze up while you are away!

Temperature Alert Monitors LLC

The patent pending Temperature Alert Monitor is one of the most simple and effective ways for you to monitor the temperature in your home while you are away. Home freeze-ups in the event of a heating system malfunction or power failure can cost tens of thousands of dollars in damage left undetected. Armed with the Temperature Alert Monitor you can monitor for abnormally low temperature as easily as checking your voice messages!

Feel assured in ordering the Temperature Alert Monitor as there is a 30 day money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied. The monitor also includes a 90 day parts and labor warranty. For those worried about temperature alert privacy, the alert can easily be blended into your outgoing answering machine message. Included with your order comes the instruction sheet, the warranty sheet and return policy, the Temperature Alert Monitor unit and the FCC approved modular connection box.

In stock & ready for shipment.

Only $119.95 with free USPS shipping

paypal link here
    This is quite good and I kindly urge Curt to think about this sort of formatting. Bottom-line I think this is a learning experience and Curt has come a long way. What's been provided here is another peg up on the professional scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Wow, you hit the nail on the head. I think I got it right now though, probabley wake up tomorrow though and think the red is too much, lol. I really it now though, it looks very professional I think and straight to the point, check it out. www.freezewarn.com Thanks for all the advice it helped out. I'm ready to market the heck out of this thing now, I'm going to try and sell at least 100 before Christmas.
    I'd caution you from jumping in too quickly and spending money on advertising with the hopes of selling a 100 units by Christmas as your website might need a little more tweaking before showtime. All of the pages need to be spot on so there is no reason for a potential customer to seek another distributor. You might be well served by finding some of your competitors websites and posting links here so that we have an idea of who you're competing with in this market. You're doing what you need to do so just keep doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I'm going to try and sell at least 100 before Christmas.
    ~$120 x 100 = $12,000.

Out of a projected $12k in six weeks, can you afford to budget an extra $1k or so to dump into a more professional site, especially if this is the main vehicle for marketing the product?

Also, ditch the cox.net email address & set up an address like sales@freezewarn.com

The site is much improved since you first posted but I'd agree with Scott it would be a worthwhile investment to spend more on setting up the site now, including getting much clearer images of the product (even enlarged it is still a bit fuzzy and not clear to anyone who has never operated it), and as he also suggested incorporate the product name into the email address (looks much more professional).

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    ~$120 x 100 = $12,000.

Out of a projected $12k in six weeks, can you afford to budget an extra $1k or so to dump into a more professional site, especially if this is the main vehicle for marketing the product?

Also, ditch the cox.net email address & set up an address like sales@freezewarn.com
    Good suggestion Scott, I just did that and it does look more professional for sure. took me all of 1 minute, didnt even think of that.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by carbar View Post
    The site is much improved since you first posted but I'd agree with Scott it would be a worthwhile investment to spend more on setting up the site now, including getting much clearer images of the product (even enlarged it is still a bit fuzzy and not clear to anyone who has never operated it), and as he also suggested incorporate the product name into the email address (looks much more professional).
    Ya, I'm really liking the new and improved site. I think it looks really flashy and really like the beach ball at the top as this device is mainly for snowbirds who vacation beach places like Florida. I'm going to try and do something with the main picture as it does look stretched, but for the time being I'm going to leave the site alone and roll with it.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Wow, looks good!

I like the red, and the fact that you took the "warning" out. You are right, it was overkill.

As far as readability, the detailed view and free shipping on the items page are still hard to read. Go up a point on the font maybe?

Nice job on the link to the sound.

I think you need more white space in the main page.

Keep what you have, just space between paragraphs. It highlights the key points. The line I put in italics sounds a little awkward.

The patent pending "Temperature Alert Monitor" freeze alarm is one of the most simple and effective ways for you to monitor the temperature in your home while you are away. Home freeze-ups in the event of heating system malfunction or power failure can cost tens of thousands of dollars in damage left undetected. Armed with the Temperature Alert Monitor you can monitor for abnormally low temperature when you call in to check your voice messages. Please note that the Temperature Alert Monitor does need to be connected inline ahead of your own answering machine in order to function.

Why do we feel so strongly a call in device is the way to go over a call out device? The answer is simple, as with any device it can malfunction. When you listen to your home temperature real time, you know you're safe. When you call home to check your messages if the temperature is low, call a friend or repair service to check your home.

Last edited by sjean423; 11-13-2008 at 06:32 PM.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Wow, looks good!

I like the red, and the fact that you took the "warning" out. You are right, it was overkill.

As far as readability, the detailed view and free shipping on the items page are still hard to read. Go up a point on the font maybe?

Nice job on the link to the sound.

I think you need more white space in the main page.

Keep what you have, just space between paragraphs. It highlights the key points. The line I put in italics sounds a little awkward.
    Thanks, yes I'm really liking the way it turned out and your bordered pictures have really helped out. I wish I could put more white space on the front page and maybe space more in between the words as you said, but the problem is that i'm cutting it so close now to get the whole page on one page without having to scroll down that even a couple more spaces would make it so it went off the page and you would have scroll down manually. I've always heard thats taboo to do in web pages because people can be pretty lazy and dont like to have to hit the tab on the right to scroll. So I dunno what to do about that problem. But ya, the red is awesome and now with your green bordered picture it looks like its Christmas, lol.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

That makes sense. You are right about wanting it to fit one screenshot.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005