Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need a urologist

need a urologist

I am looking for a doctor that is familiar with mitrofanoff to help with the problems I am having. I live in London Ontario and would travel to TO or even michigan.

Try the University Medical Center departments of Urology in the city where you want to go. They usually have a web site and the faculty list their interests. The scheduling departments of these programs are often helpful with referrals if you tell them a little about yourself. Maybe start with a search for University of Michigan Department of Urology.

Since more Mitrofanoff's are done for kids with spina bifida than any other condition, often it is the pediatric urologist who work with these kids that will be the experts. Find out where the closest spina bifida center is in your area and give them a call.

(KLD)

the thing I am wondering about is whether or not I need a referral to get an appointment or whether I can go at it on my own?

Toronto Western does Mitros. Dr Hassouna and Dr Radomski both see SCI patients but I am not sure which is the surgeon. (416) 603-5713 is the number for the urology clinic there. I think you could just get a referrel from your GP. I had my tendon transfer there and was pleased with my care.
    C3/4 Brown Sequard

My urologist specializes in SCI and is at University of Michigan- Dr.McGuire. I know he does Mitrofanoffs and he really is a good doctor, I am always so impressed. He really understand SCI and the side effects. His staff has always been very accomodating & most of the rooms I've been in have lifts to get patients on the tables.

http://www.med.umich.edu/medschool/f...04/mcguire.htm

He's pretty impressive!
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Sick Kids in Toronto has a Spina Bifida program, my former urologist trained there. He was a egotistical ass so I don't see him anymore so beyond know that sick kids has a sb program I can't help with more info.

I imagine all University's have dept's. of all kinds, I get sent from bone dr's to sci, to infectious disease doc's for infections, to rheumatologist to help level mout all the drugs, endocrinology for diabetes-- man they got it all.
    Me on the other hand will set up shop for the 5 minute breast exam visit, free no less.

thanx everyone for the information

What about that rehab hospital in London? - I am sure they would have a urologist there