Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: soreness at injury site

Thank you Sue. I willl have those results forwarded to Dr. Kerr. I am glad your symptoms resolved, I hope Bri's will too. He says it feels better. However after the MRI he also told me that he is not telling me anything anymore. Very bad time with it. Spasms and the MRI lady getting frustrated telling him he'll have to lay still. He had actually been looking forward to the MRI as he usually gets a nice nap in. Oh and he also told me he is never having an MRI again. I wish this never happened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy E View Post
    Thank you Sue. I willl have those results forwarded to Dr. Kerr. I am glad your symptoms resolved, I hope Bri's will too. He says it feels better. However after the MRI he also told me that he is not telling me anything anymore. Very bad time with it. Spasms and the MRI lady getting frustrated telling him he'll have to lay still. He had actually been looking forward to the MRI as he usually gets a nice nap in. Oh and he also told me he is never having an MRI again. I wish this never happened to him.
    I know how your son feels. I am 47 now but was 11 when I had Transverse Myelitis. Each time I told my parents about some issue, it meant a trip to the doctors, more tests or awful procedures. It felt like each time I went to the doctors they found something else wrong.
    Still, getting things checked out before they become a bigger problem is a lot easier than avoiding doctors and hospitals.

Did they put a foam wedge under his knees? This stops most spasms and a good MRI tech knows this. I also take extra valuim and ask for blankets. I just found out about getting both films and a CD or DVD of the images on my last MRI. That hospital has lost too many of my records so I give Dr Kerr his choice--film or digital. I keep the other. :-)

I wish these "unknown, what's it called" things never happened to anyone.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I get something like that. it is most noticeable after an I.v, or overdoing it. It feels like fluid and feels like there's a rubber band inside the spine,but just above the puffiness. I hope all is well, that its not serious. mine usually goes down in a week or so. and then I forget about it until it puffs up again. I often get a pounding headache first, and later notice the place is puffy again. my Nero called it some kind of cyst, but I cant remember what kind. I wasn't going to comment, but, well my neurologist said its not uncommon in sci patients to have this. he gave it a name, but I don't remember it at all. sorry for your worries. wishing it resolves soon.

HI! funny you should mention overdoing it. He says he has noticed it on days that he walks alot. I think I'll google around for the type of cyst you're referring to. We haven't heard back. Thanks for you thoughts.
    He did not have a wedge. That would have helped.
    I have sent Dr Kerr cds inthe past so I'll have to get a copy to him. Also the image is emailed to our nuero so I will ask him to forward it to Dr Kerr.
    Thanks to all for you input. I really appreciate it!
    Last edited by Nancy E; 11-17-2008 at 11:14 AM.

Jody, is that a syrinx? The cyst? Syringimiglia (spelling may be off here) often hits spinal injured folks. Sometimes it is totally harmless, sometimes causes pain or spasticity and occasionally causes more loss of functon or sensation. Dr Barth Green in Miami is supposed to be "the" surgeon of choice if you have the last kind and need it drained and fixed.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

A little update but no news really. The MRI came back and the nuero called and said no change fron two years ago. Ok so normal? so then he said just repeated that " no change from two years ago" Was anything notabe from two years ago? Should we have any concern? Then he said that there is no change from two years ago and if I want to worry than I can. I let him know that I don't want to worry and that is why we went to him and also for the MRI and had some questions. Anyway..... I am picking up CD of the MRI an sending it to Kerr so that he will have it for our appointment in January. the swelling is down but the other day it bothered him again after being very active. Thanks again to all who helped me out on this. When we get to the bottom of this I will let you know what it is.
    Nancy