Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have experience with the Ticket To Work program?

I've passed that point and have health insurance through work. But the beginning was hard and I do a lot of peer counseling. I need the information to help those get started and get what they deserve. I have PMd HW for info since he knows all but he wasn't to friendly and didn't know. I have found there is no actual documentation about what ticket to work actually does. If there is it is a big mystery who holds it.

Hy Cvelusc, I Been In A Difficult One, With Ticket To Work Program. I Was Sign To Work Source Than Sign To Vocational Rehabilitation. They Made It Difficult For Me. I Had A Appointment With A Counselor Just Talked Me Down. At The Very End I Talked Him Over. Not In Yelling Way. Hope You Understand. What It Seems Ticket To Work Program Vocational Rehabilitation Is Not Really Helping The Way They Should. This Programs Need To Be Search.
    Last edited by Shamby; 01-11-2009 at 11:47 PM.

im 2-3 mths into a job search, im still employed but im in real estate/banking, u know how bad that is. i have sent out sooooooo many resumes its rediculous. i have a degree and have had only 3 jobs in 12 years w/ no gaps...... its rough right now
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Has anyone here had voc rehab pay for their Masters Degree? I've been thinking about going back to school to get my Masters but am not exactly sure how I'll pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by gpbullock View Post
    Has anyone here had voc rehab pay for their Masters Degree? I've been thinking about going back to school to get my Masters but am not exactly sure how I'll pay for it.
    Ditto

scroll up to post 4.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by gpbullock View Post

Did Voc rehab help you financially with your undergrad?

I don't think it is a set in stone rule but I have often heard that VR will help with one degree. So, by that thinking if you got your undergrad without VR assistance you may have a stronger shot with some help. You would definitely want to tie it to a specific career goal for a VR counselor to get it approved.

Uncertain how state VR agencies and budgets ( state /federal mixed money) will be these days...

No, I received my B.S. prior to my injury. VR told me that they don't do upper grad education when I went there originally following my injury 8+ years ago.

I can not remember who at the moment but I read a post about voc paying for someone on care cure going to med school...that is certainly upper grad...the father posts about his son's progress but I just can't remember the name...so I guess it is a state decision...

You have to convince them you can get off of disability with a grad degree. Keep appealing if they deny. It took me 2 years to get approval.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.