Thread: PPH treatment for Rectal Prolapse

PPH treatment for Rectal Prolapse

I would like to know if this treatment is adviced for SCI patients with rectal prolapse. Also if any people were treated with this procedure what are their comments?

http://www.hemorrhoid.net/procedure_prolapse.php

(PPH procedure, stapled hemorrhoidectomy, stapled hemorrhoidopexy, and circumferential mucosectomy)

Thanks

I don't know the official term for it, but several years ago I had an excision done on a mucosal prolapse. But it wasn't that bad, it was worse living with it. The recovery time was about a week, but I was still able to be up in my chair and perform a careful bp during that time.

I have since been pregnant and delivered a child and the prolapse has returned, although not as severe.

Please e-mail me privately with any detailed questions (unfortunately there are some cruel people on this board, and when I posted openly I got some really disgusting images inserted into the thread)
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi

any comments from the SCI Nurse ?

it is too bad that there are some that have never grown up Alissa

after a meeting with a colorectal surgeon who has experience with sci patients, he explained to me that this procedure is not suitable for sci patients who do digital stimulation