Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Own/Try a RIDE DESIGN cushion???

Anyone Own/Try a RIDE DESIGN cushion???

My insurance company has approved this cushion for me as a "spare".
    I have to go in a get measured for one next week.
    I have heard these are good cushions, but it looks like they keep you in one position, which i dont think i could handle, i like to move around in my chair.

Any Input?

I like mine, but you are correct, they are made for you to sit in one place.
    Easy to clean, look very nice, comfortable (I like their back, too), light. Taller than other cushions, I had to adjust my foot plate, changed my COG, etc.

I had to wash it the other day, spent the day on my Roho Nexus spirit, remembered why I like my Ride R1 better.
    Don't anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondo View Post
    I like mine, but you are correct, they are made for you to sit in one place.
    Easy to clean, look very nice, comfortable (I like their back, too), light. Taller than other cushions, I had to adjust my foot plate, changed my COG, etc.

I had to wash it the other day, spent the day on my Roho Nexus spirit, remembered why I like my Ride R1 better.
    Ride Design made all the difference for me. I was sweating on every other cushion I tried and this was causing skin breakdowns. Zero sweating on Ride Design. Yes, it does keep you in one place, however, once you use it for a couple of days my experience is you don't want to go back to other cushions. The molding process is of course critical. I hope you are being fitted by a PT with lots of seating experience rather than a vendor.

It is high and firm in front making transfers higher. Also, cushion feels scarily firm but all the firm parts are where you can tolerate weight bearing.

I hated mine. I do use the ride forward though and I like the back they make. There's some other threads here somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelz1989 View Post
    but it looks like they keep you in one position, which i dont think i could handle, i like to move around in my chair.

Any Input?
    Yup, in order for it to work properly you have to stay in one place all frikin day & night. I'm like you, I'm constantly moving around, lifting, shifting etc. Especially when you were taught to, & have been for 25 yrs, there ain't no turning back.

The only time my butt wasn't red was when I buggered my shoulder and had to just sit cause I couldn't I use it. So basically, the cushion does what it's supposed to do, if you don't move. So, I don't know, your call, overly expensive too, even if it's paid for.

I went for it because it was guaranteed to work, you can shave it here & there. Well if it works when they mold you because you don't move. So your hooped if you want to move around.

Excellent for peop's who don't move around, def not me.

Also, they tell you you must use their honeycomb type cover to make it work, it worked better without the cover for me.

The cover was the only thing I liked about it. Except that it gave me a waffle print on my legs anytime I wore shorts or for goodness sakes a bathing suit.

You def can't move in it which I hated. I like to scoot forward on my seat sometimes and reposition my feet on the floor for a while.
    I also hated the dangly butt feeling from the hole they create for your butt to not have pressure. I always felt I was hanging on a toilet.

I tried the RideForward, very nicely made an comfy but I find it too high, especially the front part which make my transfers harder.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

I have a Ride-design and a Ride Forward . I do like them both , the ride-design will keep your spine and pelvis straight over the years , but if you are a bigger dude like me 6'1" , 220 lbs . You might not want to get an imprint done of your as# . Unless you want a 3" cushion . Because of body size and weight your IT's need more floating room on the cushion bottom.
    The ride Forward is a real nice cushion , very comfy , more support than a Roho but you still have the movement,like picking stuff off the floor . But like JGNI said "transfers can be harder" , if that is an issue with you .
    Just like anything , there are ups and downs , But my opinion- Ride makes a good cushion.

Yeah, If i cant move around in this cushion, its defanatly not the right one for me