Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hair loss ANYONE

hair loss ANYONE

Can anyone help.. My hair keeps thinning by this time next year I'll be bald or close to it. I was told the Lyrica can thin your hair but I've been off it for awhile now. I only take Baclofin, Oxybuttin, and zanoflex. I can't run my hand through my hair with out some coming out. Is their any thing I can use or vitamans I can take? Any help would be great I'm going crazy!

Thanks!!!
    It is not how we fall that defines us..
    It is how we rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    Can anyone help.. My hair keeps thinning by this time next year I'll be bald or close to it. I was told the Lyrica can thin your hair but I've been off it for awhile now. I only take Baclofin, Oxybuttin, and zanoflex. I can't run my hand through my hair with out some coming out. Is their any thing I can use or vitamans I can take? Any help would be great I'm going crazy!

Thanks!!!
    Shana,

Sorry to hear about your hair loss. Are you under any unusual stress that preceded this? FWIW, years ago a girlfriend of mine was losing her hair. She was under a great deal of self-imposed stress which was then compounded by her sudden mysterious hair loss. With the situation worsening she finally consented to see a doctor who told her to "relax." That was the cure! Apparently she needed to hear this from someone wearing a white lab coat before she would allow herself to exhale. Happy ending: her hair grew back immediately.

Of course there could be a physiological explanation for your hair loss -- though I think your medications are an unlikely culprit -- so you should seek medical help from your internist or perhaps a dermatologist to rule out any underlying medical issue. But be aware that heightened stress is a possible cause.

In the meantime. . . Relax.

they said steroids made my hair come out. it quit eventually....

My hair has been thinnin due to drugs, i'm sure, I take chemo daily along w/ steroids too, so not too sure what to tell you. Good luck.better let armpits grow, maybe do plugs?

Have you had your thyroid gland checked lately? Sometimes that can cause hair loss.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Thanks everyone..
    I'am a stressful person but I have been most my life. And I'm trying very hard to relax. I just got my thyroids checked do to weight loss problems. I thought maybe that had something to do with it. I go to see my doctor in December so I'm going to ask him.
    Thanks again
    It is not how we fall that defines us..
    It is how we rise.

Maybe see a dermatologist? Ask your primary care doctor for a referral.

Following my injury, I was losing hair. It was one of these 3 things. Stress, baclofen or neurontin--I was on all of them and stopped after I got home. Good luck.

f
    ight

I have been having the same problem lately. I'm afraid to brush my hair. So much comes out I am getting scared. My NP says it could be menopause for me. Yuk! I'm constantly having to clean my clothes my house and bathroom. I even found bunches of hair stuck to the side of my car and car seat.What to do?

Amway has something called "complex for hair skin & nails" and I found it very good. It does take about a month to see the improvement. I buy it from an Amway distribuitor here for about 30 AUD.