Here is my roll in shower
    great shower but how do u use the toilet, looks low and tight
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, a little wheelchair unfriendly.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    I do not use it . I have a colostomy bag .

great pictures everyone, thank you for sharing. It gives me some ideas for sure.

Hi Shorty,
    i hope this pic works..
    we have double glass doors on ours..we trying for to look like your average house..there's no problem with ventilation as you can see we left a gap at the top of the doors..

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Hi Shorty,
    i hope this pic works..
    we have double glass doors on ours..we trying for to look like your average house..there's no problem with ventilation as you can see we left a gap at the top of the doors..
    wow that shower is awesome. Do you have trouble closing the doors? I am going to be transfering onto a bench so I wonder about the ease of closing a door.

I have had a couple of contractors in this past week. One is saying I should tile the bottom of the shower. (right now I have a solid base but it has a big lip with tile up the wall) and the other one wants to rip out all the tile and put in a solid enclosure.

Which do you guys thing would be the best option. Is there pros and cons to these?

they are very easy to open & close..there's glass knobs on either side that you can just hook your finger under..actually we were told by the contractor that we couldn't have them..he gave us a few reasons why..they were to heavy & he couldn't hang them (can't remember what others he told us)..but they were in a bathroom catalogue for crying out loud..but we stuck to our guns & 8 or so yrs later they still open & close with the bump of a finger..
    Shorty: i may have this all wrong but it sounds like these contractors are telling you what you want..instead of working out what you & running by them if they can do it..good luck with it..

Having a curtain has worked well for me. I use a long shower curtain liner (found it at Wal-Mart) with a regular shower curtian over it. The shower and the shower bench are made out of synthetic marble with a tile floor. I synthetic marble was a good choice since it can be shaped into any size/form. Also, I had a custom bench attached to one wall to sit on.

Blog Entries

Roll in shower and waterproofing

I too use no curtain or door barrier.
    I just built the shower area big and wide, and also use the adjustible shower head on the vertical rod to keep the splash down to a minimum.
    Since it's a 2nd floor install I had to waterproof under the tile.
    For this I used Laticrete. Good stuff, but expensive, you essentially roll it on as paint and it creates a pefect membrane.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    they are very easy to open & close..there's glass knobs on either side that you can just hook your finger under..actually we were told by the contractor that we couldn't have them..he gave us a few reasons why..they were to heavy & he couldn't hang them (can't remember what others he told us)..but they were in a bathroom catalogue for crying out loud..but we stuck to our guns & 8 or so yrs later they still open & close with the bump of a finger..
    Shorty: i may have this all wrong but it sounds like these contractors are telling you what you want..instead of working out what you & running by them if they can do it..good luck with it..
    Yup, I had another one in today and he too loved telling me what I wanted instead of listening to what I was saying. I think it is hard for these older men to take me seriously because I look like I am 15. Who knows. I dont have a lot of space to work with.

Still trying to figure out if I should go one solid piece or tile it.