Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: roll in shower

roll in shower

I am in the process of finding a contractor to renovate my bathroom so I can have a roll-in shower. I was wondering if anyone out there has one that has doors on it, or am I better to just go with a curtain? I am going to have a bench inside that I transfer to.

I find a curtain easier to deal with than a door.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Yes a curtain will be easier, having a door could be awkward. I stayed in a hotel once and it had a door and was doing my head in when trying to get my chair out of the way and when i needed to put it next to me to transfer. Curtain would be the best bet from me.
    I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past, so one way to get the most out of life is to look at it as an adventure.

We have a ceiling hung shower curtain track that was custom made for our roll-in shower. My dad fashioned some heavy duty plastic straps that go from the hooks on the track to the shower curtain so that it goes all the way to the floor (I can post a photo if you want). It works great.

If you are going with tile, be sure to get non-slip tile on the floor.

(KLD)

I don't have anything.

My shower is kind of like enclosed by walls & no water gets out. The roll-in shower at my parents house is very similar. I never had a curtain there either. I never needed one for privacy issues since I had/have my own bathroom & I don't think it looks goofy. I like the open-ness.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    We have a ceiling hung shower curtain track that was custom made for our roll-in shower. My dad fashioned some heavy duty plastic straps that go from the hooks on the track to the shower curtain so that it goes all the way to the floor (I can post a photo if you want). It works great.

If you are going with tile, be sure to get non-slip tile on the floor.

(KLD)
    I would like to see a pic

Here is my roll in shower
    Last edited by jryprt; 11-22-2010 at 05:49 PM.

The toilet and ceiling track lift is off screen to the left in these photos:

(KLD)

Shower room

I just had my roll in shower converted to a shower room. I need to take some more pictures of it to start a new string. My old roll in shower door was a wood door that swung inwards. I had it replaced with a Basco shower door made to 80" in height. The width is approximately 34" and the door swings outwards in case of an emergency. The door is frosted for privacy. The door jamb is made of white Meganite solid surface material with a 3/16" thick door trim. The outside door handle is in view and from the inside of the shower room you have the towel bar which you can see going across the inside of the door. The hinge is on the right side. The lock is a magnetic strip. The cabinet to the left is my supply cabinet and the top is for bedding.

The second picture is a sneak preview of what's inside. It turned out wonderfully!

titanium4motion

I just have a curtain. It's easier to get in and out of the shower area plus it doesn't hold in the moisture like a door might so it's ventilation is better I think. Also, after a while you just throw them away instead of cleaning them. All the roll-in showers I've used in hotels have had doors. I just don't think they are neccessary and would certainly be more expensive and more labor intensive to maintain and clean.