Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: An earnest plea for new section!

  1. #11
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    I have some questions concerning how people would post music, art, poetry, and other works of art on the forum. How about copyright issues? Can people discuss these? Thanks.
    I was referring to CC members' own short stories and poems, and even their own personally written or created music and art. Once it was posted online, it'd pretty much be considered to be copyrighted, and have copyright protection from that point forward - at least the short stories and poems, not sure about the other forms of expression, eg art, graphics, etc.


    As to posting the works of other people, famous or not, that's a whole different issue, and surely permission would have to be granted by the creator to avoid problems.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  2. #12
    I was not suggesting that anything be directly uploaded to CC, merely links to you tube/ similar sites where some other site is actually hosting.

    In this way, CC is not responsible for hosting anything.
    And the truth shall set you free.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    I was not suggesting that anything be directly uploaded to CC, merely links to you tube/ similar sites where some other site is actually hosting.

    In this way, CC is not responsible for hosting anything.
    Excellent thinking!

  4. #14
    Senior Member smokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    2,177
    I like the idea. My preference is it shouldn't be a forum to download music. I think it would be interesting to exchange comments about music, movies, artists, books etc. For example, I could talk about how much I like jazz and blues music and in particular the pianist Gene Harris. Maybe I could leave a link to one of his CD's on Amazon where anyone can hear a free 30 second clip and they could decide for themselves.....or at least get exposed to a new artist.

    Check out song #9 "The Song is You"

    http://www.amazon.com/Black-Blue-Gen...7321088&sr=1-3

  5. #15

    A New Movies & Music Forum

    Happy New Year! I have formed a new Movies & Music Forum. Located in the Exchange Forums, it is for people to discuss their favorite movies and music. I have not put any restrictions on the forum but just request that people be respectful of copyright regulations. Enjoy.

    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102
    Last edited by Wise Young; 12-28-2008 at 04:41 AM.

  6. #16
    THANK YOU SIR!!!!

    Please forgive me for suggesting, but might it be called Arts & Entertainment just so books and other areas might be included?

    Merry Christmas!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Happy New Year! I have formed a new Movies & Music Forum. Located in the Exchange Forums, it is for people to discuss their favorite movies and music. I have not put any restrictions on the forum but just request that people be respectful of copyright regulations. Enjoy.

    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102
    And the truth shall set you free.

  7. #17
    OOps! Sorry, just saw we have that lol!
    And the truth shall set you free.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,563
    Blog Entries
    1
    Can you tell me where that already existing forum is? I would like to be able to post some writing of mine for feedback someday, and I just found a college paper/interview project that I'd love to resurrect here just for fun and conversation.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Can you tell me where that already existing forum is? I would like to be able to post some writing of mine for feedback someday, and I just found a college paper/interview project that I'd love to resurrect here just for fun and conversation.
    Randy, we have a Books Forum which I have just expanded to include favorite books and authors. I hadn't thought that this might be a place where people might want to post their own writings for feedback. That is a good idea. Let me add that to the blurb... It was formerly only about books about disability and spinal cord injury.

    wise.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Randy, we have a Books Forum which I have just expanded to include favorite books and authors. I hadn't thought that this might be a place where people might want to post their own writings for feedback. That is a good idea. Let me add that to the blurb... It was formerly only about books about disability and spinal cord injury.

    wise.
    I think Bob(rdf) had also brought up the idea previously Wise. I like it since there are times when I read or write some poetry and would like some feedback on my work also. Thank you for adding this too to the forums. Also would like to thank you for the Music forum, am sure it will be really busy with postings.

    Raven

Similar Threads

  1. The Christopher Reeve Paralysis Act and W2W Rally in Washington
    By Wise Young in forum Funding, Legislation, & Advocacy
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 05-02-2006, 09:51 AM
  2. Replies: 103
    Last Post: 09-23-2004, 07:10 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-13-2002, 10:01 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2002, 07:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •