Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An earnest plea for new section!

Good suggestion LOL ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Randy, we have a Books Forum which I have just expanded to include favorite books and authors. I hadn't thought that this might be a place where people might want to post their own writings for feedback. That is a good idea. Let me add that to the blurb... It was formerly only about books about disability and spinal cord injury.

wise.
    I'm a little bit confused here. I would like to know if the Books Forum would then be where we would post our own personal work or is it something that will be separate later on? Also, if separate, is a link the only thing we would put or could we just put our work on the particular forum.

Am also thinking if RDF would still be interested in moderating as he previously stated. I personally would like a separate forum to post some poetry, either mine or others which I have enjoyed. Would like to have others critique my work and believe others who have written or begun to write their stories or poems would probably like to have people review their work.

Randy, I for one would like to read your work too and whoever else might want to share with us here.

I would appreciate to have some clarification on this if possible. Anyone else?

Raven

Raven,

The Book Forum is a place where people can discuss books that they have read. People have posted their writings in Life and Members Only for discussion. Unless you and sufficient others feel strongly about having a separate forum for posting poetry, may I suggest that you simply create a thread... named, for example, Raven's Poetry, and post your poetry there (perhaps in a different color to distinguish your work from the comments).

I would like to know that there is interest from at least several dozen members in having a poetry forum before creating a new forum just for that purpose. Thanks.

Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 05-03-2009 at 07:43 AM.

Raven,

The Book Forum is a place where people can discuss books that they have read. People have posted their writings in Life and Members Only for discussion. Unless you and sufficient others feel strongly about having a separate forum for posting poetry, may I suggest that you simply create a thread... named, for example, Raven's Poetry, and post your poetry there (perhaps in a different color to distinguish your work from the comments).

I would like to know that there is interest from at least several dozen members in having a poetry forum before creating a new forum just for that purpose. Thanks.

Wise.
    Thanks Wise. I did start a thread in Life Titled "Official Poetry Thread" and posted one of my poems. Now I am hoping others will also post some of their writing in it, doesn't matter if it isn't poems. Also am waiting to see if others would give me some input on what I wrote.

Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Thanks Wise. I did start a thread in Life Titled "Official Poetry Thread" and posted one of my poems. Now I am hoping others will also post some of their writing in it, doesn't matter if it isn't poems. Also am waiting to see if others would give me some input on what I wrote.

Raven
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=118290

It is great. People should comment. One possibility is for individuals to create their own poetry threads for comments. After all, Kate, for example, created her journal in the caregiver forum and it is the most viewed of all the threads on our site.

Wise.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=118290

It is great. People should comment. One possibility is for individuals to create their own poetry threads for comments. After all, Kate, for example, created her journal in the caregiver forum and it is the most viewed of all the threads on our site.

Wise.
    Thank you Wise. That is a great idea. Even better than mine too. If you or the moderators think that the title to my thread should be different, please don't hesitate to do it. I wouldn't know how to do it anyway. Oh, and comments on my work would be really appreciated. That's the way we can learn to write better.

Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Thank you Wise. That is a great idea. Even better than mine too. If you or the moderators think that the title to my thread should be different, please don't hesitate to do it. I wouldn't know how to do it anyway. Oh, and comments on my work would be really appreciated. That's the way we can learn to write better.

Raven
    It is taking off. I will leave your thread alone. If it gathers lots of responses... perhaps we should set up a Poetry Forum and move the threads there. We need a critical mass of viewers and posters to make the forum a success.

Wise.