Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Prialt from the heavens

LOL dejerine! I don't know how to quote, sorry, but that cracked me up and it's just what I needed...

I HATE pain, I'm SICK of PAIN and I hope everyone finds a solution, I know I need to find one.. and very quickly, I'm running out of umph and patience.

take care bbs

Thanks dejerine but I won't be seeing him any more. My new neuroloist is great so far. He's done what I wanted and fast. It took him less than 2 weeks to do he test injection and I'm waiting on the surgery to be scheduled.

David, I was wondering what pain you must have to mod this forum, if being the only rational republican wasn't enough lol.
    No human society, present or past, has lacked music. Music is therefore one of the very few human universals, which puts it on the same level as food and sex.
    Fredric Lieberman

Hey all thought I might add to the mix of success and non. I have been on Prialt now for about 3 months and am currently at 7.5 mcg and 1 mg of Morph. My doctor was unable to get the tip of the catheter right at the site of injury so I beleive its a bit low but she said this was ok. I haven't really experienced any releif, actually it has gotten a bit worse but this is most likely due to a major reduction in oral methadone which is why I went the prialt route( too much cloudy sleepy days). I am a t-10 complete with an almost completely severed cord due to a fall in 05'. I havent experienced any side effect either from the prialt, I have a hard time remembering some short term stuff but this was going on before prialt came into the picture so can;t blame it on that (too many knocks in the head most likely). So I will continue titrating 1mcg every two weeks until something happens, I'm really praying for just a bit of relief so I can x the narcs. My doc keeps telling me that I won't get complete releif but any little bit will do for me. I'll try and keep you posted on how it goes, and all of you that are in pain, know that you aren't alone, keep your heads up. My prayers are with ya.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Divemed View Post
    Hey all thought I might add to the mix of success and non. I have been on Prialt now for about 3 months and am currently at 7.5 mcg and 1 mg of Morph. My doctor was unable to get the tip of the catheter right at the site of injury so I beleive its a bit low but she said this was ok. I haven't really experienced any releif, actually it has gotten a bit worse but this is most likely due to a major reduction in oral methadone which is why I went the prialt route( too much cloudy sleepy days). I am a t-10 complete with an almost completely severed cord due to a fall in 05'. I havent experienced any side effect either from the prialt, I have a hard time remembering some short term stuff but this was going on before prialt came into the picture so can;t blame it on that (too many knocks in the head most likely). So I will continue titrating 1mcg every two weeks until something happens, I'm really praying for just a bit of relief so I can x the narcs. My doc keeps telling me that I won't get complete releif but any little bit will do for me. I'll try and keep you posted on how it goes, and all of you that are in pain, know that you aren't alone, keep your heads up. My prayers are with ya.

Scott
    I would love to hear an update on your situation and if you are still on Prialt and how it is working for you!

I have been on Prialt for about 8 weeks now. I started at 1.5 mcg and was raised to 1.5 mcg every week. I am suppose to be raised for the last time this coming Monday, but am very scared to have them do it anymore. The side effects have been miserable. I am praying that the side effects will go away and that the pain relief will get better soon!

It has been cool for me to read other peoples results and side effects, so that I know it is just not me going crazy! If there is anyone out that there is on Prialt and can tell me there story, I want to hear it, especially if it ended up working out well! In reality I want to hear honest stories just to know if I should keep with the drug.

One other key thing I want to know is people's dosage, what they started at, what they are at now and how long it took to get there. I went from 1.5 to about 13 in a 2 month time frame. Was this a bad thing to have the pump increased that quickly?