Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prialt from the heavens

Quote Originally Posted by kathyindy View Post
    Durning the time I had it I went from 2.0 to 6.0, which put me in the hospital for 6 days.
    Just to be clear, are you talking about pain levels?

NO!!!! The setting on my pain pump distribution levels. However, that time was over 3 months time too. They start many people very low and ease it up. I started at 2.0 because I am not a small person.

Answer to David Berg

Just to be clear, are you talking about pain levels? NO!!!! The setting on my pain pump distribution levels. However, that time was over 3 months time too. They start many people very low and ease it up. I started at 2.0 because I am not a small person.

OK, thanks! I don't know much about pumps so it didn't occur to me.

I sorry to hear about the problems you experienced and hope you find a better solution.

Red face

Thank You very much!!

I'm going to yet another doctor appointment in a few hours to try for the test injection. I've had the psychological screening done but found out the pain doctors fee for the surgery was $7500.

I went to a neurologist about 3 weeks ago and explained to him I've tried almost every oral analgesic out there and they all do very little for my neuropathy. He referred me to the doctor I'm seeing in a bit but gave me methadone to try.

I went to sleep and woke up 12 hours later in the ER. Seems the methadone and my sleep apnea were a bad combination. My mom (who is a nurse) found me in respiratory arrest and my stepdad (a doctor) had to do CPR until the ambulance arrived. My uncle was the EMT lol.

So maybe now when I explain I have tried every oral analgesic and share this little story we can go ahead with trying the pain pump or stimulator.

Has anyone with a pump found relief with morphine or fentanyl? I'm hoping one of those does the trick but if not I'll try Prialt. What's the worst that could happen, I wake up dead again?
    No human society, present or past, has lacked music. Music is therefore one of the very few human universals, which puts it on the same level as food and sex.
    Fredric Lieberman

Zoso, when you say you've tried oral analgesics, are you including meds such as Neurontin, Lyrica, or Elavil? Narcotics typically aren't effective for neuropathic pain.

Yes I started out on Neurontin but have since changed to Lyrica. I've tried Cymbalta and I think one or two others, but none work which is why I've tried analgesics.

The appointment went bad, very bad. Seems to this neurologist the pain is mostly in my head. He's hispanic and has a heavy accent - somewhere between Ricky Ricardo and Tony Montana - which made it a bit hard to understand him at times.

He said the pain isn't my problem, then he said it's only part of my problem, then he went on to spout out metaphor after metaphor. "You can give a fat guy all the insulin you want but it's not going to cure his diabetes."

He then showed me a list of all my meds and told me even if the pump worked he knows that in another 3 years my dosages will be increased. I told him that if the pump worked it would drastically cut my oral meds. He said if I want to trade chairs with him then he couldn't help me.

After that I told him I was sorry for wasting his time but he insisted I stay and hear him out and he reached deeper into his arsenal of metaphors. When I left they did give me the DVD for the pump but I'll probably be mailing it back.

CAN SOMEONE JUST TRY THE TEST INJECTION ALREADY!!! It'd be nice to know if all this shit I've went through is worth it.
    No human society, present or past, has lacked music. Music is therefore one of the very few human universals, which puts it on the same level as food and sex.
    Fredric Lieberman

It sounds like you're dealing with a real case there. Any possibility of switching docs?

BTW, do you remember how high you went with your dosages of Neurontin and Lyrica?

I don't remember the dosage of Neurontin but I take 750mg of Lyrica a day.
    Fredric Lieberman