Thread: Just wondering

Exclamation Just wondering

Has anyone been in a wheelchair longer than a year and have gotten return back? I'm a part of many groups that are for TM. And I've only came across a few people that are in wheelchairs from TM. Most people were only in a chair for a few months then gained function back. So I was wondering if there's any hope for the few of us that are still in the chair. Even the slightest bit of hope will help...
    It is not how we fall that defines us..
    It is how we rise.

There is always hope!

Shana
    On Oct. 28,2005 I had my TM attack. I went directly to O.S.U. hospital for ten days. All the poking and prodding, MRI and LP. They shipped me directly to a nursing home. When eval'ed by the PT he told me to get used to the chair. When I actually got in the Physical therapy class. The tech that was assigned to me gave me an incredible chance to really work. He investigated the disease and set up a workout regiment. I used three very simple devises. 1. stationary bike 2.exercise ball 3.theraband (big rubberband). He was very aggressive with walking stairs forwards, backwards, and sideways. We did lunge walking. The idea was to keep the shoulders at a constant height. So for me after 7 months of this I walked out of the nursing home with no help at all. 2 1/2 yrs. later I need to use a cane very seldom. So never let this disease beat you. Never let it define you. There is always hope. I wish you nothing but success in your journey.

Thanks for the hope.. But I've been in my chair for 2yrs now.. Anything I've found that I thought would help with recovery I've tried.. I'm still looking and I wont give up. I was just wondering if anyone else has been in their chair as long as me and seen improvement.. I know of one person witch is Anty and she gives me a lot of hope.
    It is not how we fall that defines us..
    It is how we rise.

i got return back several years after..im in a chair tho still..25 yrs post