Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seeking Sun & Beaches!!

Maui no ka oi

I am very bias but MAUI NO KA OI which means Maui is the best in Hawaiian. It truly is very exotic tropical island which has a nice balance between civilization and raw beauty. Sitting on a rock bluff overlooking the deep blue ocean watching windsurfers, this is a place called Ho'okipa. or sitting on the shoreline watching whales approx. 100yds. or going through the historical early missionary museum on a accessible walking tour in Lahaina on a warm day or walk the sea side walkway in front of the expansive resorts in Wailea or drive up to the crater of a Dormant volcano or just laze in the sun or, or or www.mauiaccessiblecondo.com

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356 View Post
    Anybody been to any accessible all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica or Cancun....considering maybe something like that???
    I took my 1st SCI vacation at Secrets Capri (between Cancun and Playa Del Carmen). Best all-inclusive resort I've ever been to (AB or SCI). ALL of the restaurants are phenomenal, top shelf liquor around every corner, amazing pool, great beach, beautiful grounds.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it 100% ADA accessible but it was pretty close. Our room was 100% accessible - roll-in shower, wide doorways, ground floor, whole deal. The rest of the grounds had a curb or a step here or there but nothing terrible at all. My g/f managed to get me up and over most of these with little problem. I'm sure your bf can do the same. The pool is zero entry so you can wheel down to where you feel comfortable hopping out and that's that. The only issue was getting down to the beach itself. There were about 4 steps if I remember correctly. My gf was not able to get me down these but the minute any of the resort staff saw us even looking in that direction, 2-4 burly beach attendants were sent over to carry me down. Problem solved.

Anyway, I highly recommend. Let me know if you want any more info or pics.

*** c4/c5 incomplete *** Injured in Summer 2003 ***

California coast. San Diego. mission beach, there was a little amusement park there too. and interesting boardwalk

I dont know much about los angeles beaches, but I have seen beaches on the east coast and I gotta say, San Diego mission beach, pacific beach dog beach Torrey pines. just rent a car and start driving along the pacific coast highway, no comparison to east coast shore. I left cali before my accident, but two of my brothers were paras, and I remember the city being very accessable. lots to do other than the beaches. point loma is really beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356 View Post
    Anybody been to any accessible all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica or Cancun....considering maybe something like that???

I've been to one in Ocho Rios, Jamaica- Sunset Beach Jamaica Grande Resort. It was accessible but I needed help in the shower. They didnt have a handheld shower head just a low shower head at like knee height. I have long hair and couldnt get under the water enough to do it by myself..so my mother had to use a cup and pour to wash. Anybody else that used the shower had to bend down low...other than that no complaints.
    Hi Gurly!

Any transportation recommendations from airport to resort?