Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Sun & Beaches!!

I have always loved Fla.. they have the prettiest beaches with real white sand. Go to the gulf like Panama City or Destin. Daytona isn't too bad and you can park your vehicle on the beach. I wouldn't recommend March as it's still way too cool most years. End of April and May would be best.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

cancun is better than jamaican resorts .my experience as an ab at that time.
    i never been to cuba...i heard that they have some amaizing resorts and beaches.
    my spanish is ok but my russian sucks.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Have you looked into Puerto Rico or the Bahamas?

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago View Post
    cancun is better than jamaican resorts .my experience as an ab at that time.
    i never been to cuba...i heard that they have some amaizing resorts and beaches.
    my spanish is ok but my russian sucks.
    I've never been to cancun & would like to check it out. Jamaica was beautiful..loved the beaches!

Ever been to a nude beach Adi in your traveling days??
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by EAK View Post
    Have you looked into Puerto Rico or the Bahamas?
    I've visited both on a cruise ship..Wasn't impressed with Puerto Rico & I'd love to stay at the Atlantis in Nassau, Bahamas (If I was AB). I visited the Atlantis in April and it just wasn't very wheelchair accessible from what I experienced. Very beautiful though!
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

I go to the Panhandle in Florida, Okaloosa Island which is next door to Destin, it is real nice, sugary white sand beaches and green ocean. Mary Ellen goes there too. I think it is paradise there I love it. You should look into it. Google Destin Florida.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Hi there- I know you mentioned that you had already been to Hawaii, and that may not be your choice this time, but I have a referral source for you (if this becomes an option). First I hear that the Marriott in Lahaina, Maui is accessible completely to the beach, and there are lifts in the pools too. I also hear that lo and behold the architecture and fixtures in the accessible rooms are actually ACCOMODATING! What a concept.
    Anyways, I wanted to pass on that a colleague of mine has been working with the Hawaii Tourism Bureau to educate and consult with various properties to become more accessible. His website is www.talknroll.com and he is one heck of an advocate. Good luck and enjoy the sun wherever you go! He is not selling time shares or anything - just trying to get the world more accessible!

Pam OTR/L
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356 View Post
    I've never been to cancun & would like to check it out. Jamaica was beautiful..loved the beaches!

Ever been to a nude beach Adi in your traveling days??
    I had many adventures from east to west ...5 years on the seas and beaches.holy cow when i remeber i might get an erection.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Hey Gurly...

Check this thread out...http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=63974

Playa del Carmen, Mayan Riviera the absolute bestest,. Way better than Cancun, we went to Cancun one day, kinda reminded me of Waikiki, a hotel strip along the ocean. But then again, too each their own, diff strokes, diff folks

imo Myrtle beach is pretty dirty and not very nice. Its where we locals go for spring break to get trashed, and thats about it.

There are many nicer beaches in the area, although I must admit I am not much of a beach person any more, I never got the hang of the sand on my MC and earned my chair in the sand. Not much desire to see more of it.

Mebbe check out Wilmington, NC or Hilton Head, SC.