Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Sun & Beaches!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Seeking Sun & Beaches!!

Well...its that time again! I'm trying to start planning a vacation for March or early April.

I'm thinking of staying in the U.S. this time & just something low-key & relaxing. I know alot of people recommend Vegas for accessible vacation getaway in US, but I'm thinking more beaches!

It's going to be my boyfriend & I going.. so a romantic getaway would be nice. I've been to Hawaii and that was very nice, but the flight was wayyy too long. The last 2 cruises I've been on I've gotten sea sickness...so staying away from those too!

I've thought maybe Marco Island, Fl. or Myrtle Beach, SC.....????

Any recommendations????
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

I've got a recommendation... TAKE ME TOO! I promise I won't get in the way, in fact I'll carry stuff around and mix drinks for you two, keep the camera handy when you want your pictures taken on the beach, anything else you need!

I am not a big fan of Florida, but if you want to check that out, I would think investing in this book would be a good place to start your search:

http://www.wheelchairsonthego.com/

For California, there are places on the beach, but the weather is still a little cool (perhaps even rainy) in March and April. May and June are warmer, but we tend to have a marine cloud layer (May Gray and June Gloom) at that time of year. Late September/early October is my favorite month for coastal California.

(KLD)

I like the Keys the best. There is a website www.placidaccess.com that looks pretty good. I haven't checked the prices yet-might be too expensive. Just remember that from mid March to mid April is spring break and Easter vacation times. Maybe that would be fun but I know it also costs a lot more during that time.

Another vote for the Keys. It's not like mainland Florida.

http://fla-keys.com/

http://www.fla-keys.com/accessibility/
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Villablanac garden beach hotel cozumel mexico was their last jan it was awesome was the only time i could get into the water without dealing with to much sand loved it !

take a cruise line gurly ...is fun.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago View Post
    take a cruise line gurly ...is fun.
    I've done those a couple of times, Adi..I get sea sick!

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356 View Post
    I've done those a couple of times, Adi..I get sea sick!
    sorry to hear ...i was ab when i worked on the cruise ships ..no sea sick at that time.try a vacation in california ....i loved malibu beach ...key west in florida is ok as well.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Anybody been to any accessible all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica or Cancun....considering maybe something like that???

I've been to one in Ocho Rios, Jamaica- Sunset Beach Jamaica Grande Resort. It was accessible but I needed help in the shower. They didnt have a handheld shower head just a low shower head at like knee height. I have long hair and couldnt get under the water enough to do it by myself..so my mother had to use a cup and pour to wash. Anybody else that used the shower had to bend down low...other than that no complaints.