Thread: Online illegal drug documentary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Online illegal drug documentary

I found this while searching the web today and thought I'd pass it on to those interested.

The Union: The business behind getting high.
    http://blip.tv/file/1356143/
    BC's illegal marijuana trade industry has evolved into a business giant, dubbed by some involved as 'The Union', Commanding upwards of $7 billion Canadian annually. With up to 85% of 'BC Bud' being exported to the United States, the trade has become an international issue. Follow filmmaker Adam Scorgie as he demystifies the underground market and brings to light how an industry can function while remaining illegal. Through growers, police officers, criminologists, economists, doctors, politicians and pop culture icons, Scorgie examines the cause and effect nature of the business - an industry that may be profiting more by being illegal. Written by Brett Harvey

Quote Originally Posted by doingtimeonmyass View Post
    I found this while searching the web today and thought I'd pass it on to those interested.

The Union: The business behind getting high.
    http://blip.tv/file/1356143/
    I'm watching it now. It's a good movie covering a lot of history and studies and misconceptions.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

I believe it is also California's number one cash crop, if not the country's. And if I'm not mistaken. It is that way, mostly because of the illegality of it. Basically, the value of doubles.

It's a recession proof industry as well.

My harvest (personal) from last week is stinking up my office as I write. No prohibition prices for me!

Very interesting, thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post

My harvest (personal) from last week is stinking up my office as I write. No prohibition prices for me!

heehee

Very informing, thanks for the link, I love watching this kind of stuff. The best documentary I've ever seen on the history of weed is called "Grass" and is narrated by Woody Harrelson, this one is good to.
    Dave
    C5/C6 complete
    http://www.davegrotzinger.com
    http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

I'm amazed that BC only supplies 5% of America's supply. We must try harder!

At a little more than half way through it; it's one of the best docu movies I've seen. Like the prohibition of alcohol which gave the necessary impetus to organized crime for it to entrench itself as an integral part of our society, the criminalization of bud results in a thriving criminal element.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

nice doc. thx.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

I'm glad you enjoyed it too. Although it does make me angry at how deceiving the government has been and all the nasty ramifications because of it.