Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Stealing

Stealing

This life change I'm going through made me think about some things.

My brother has been taking advantage of me as well as stealing my money while he continues to be a lazy bastard. I called it quits tonight as I called my bank to notify them. This is not what I wanted it to come to, but he showed his true colors and now I'm drawing the line.

Awwww shit.....he always has a life line. I was typing tatt as I called my bank. Claims department is closed, going to have to do it tomorrow.

Gonna do it though, period.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

GotWHeels, sorry that you are going through such a tough time. I agree with your decision to call the bank. Is there a way that only you can access your account without him knowing how to do it too? My bank will not let anyone access mine with out my knowledge. I am wondering if a password known only to you would help.

In the meantime, hang on in there and take a deep breath. Things will change I'm sure.

Raven

Wheels:

Definitely talk to a phone banker and let them know what is going on. Your brother stealing from you is absolutely unacceptable (this is one of my pet peeves). I'm pretty sure there has to exist a more optimal financial situation for you.

Which bank are you with? I know that the large commercial banks have 24 hour operator assistance. If your bank doesn't, I would recommend switching banks to one which offers this feature (an actual human on the other end of the phone 24 hours a day).
    No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

Definitely protect any accounts and keep your brother out of your money. Tufelhunden has great advice.

Sorry everything's hitting all at once.

So how much are we talking about? Couple hundred, less than a hundred...

It's definitely a couple grand. A couple big hits and 100-50-20's here and there. The bank (Bank of America) says the merchant is responsible for verifying ID. I don't understand how he gets away w/using it, it has my picture on it and my signature.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Damn son, that sucks.

I hate thieves, put in his his place!

Hey, I work at a bank and BOA should let you file a fraud affidavit. If he had posession of your debit card or if he wrote checks, you will probably need a police report. If he did it online, an affidavit of fraud should start the process. Sounds like the bank employee you talked to was lazy... call back and ask someone else.

You need to watch your stuff better. Change that debit card number (if that's what he used) and make sure he never sees it again. Even if he doesn't have the card, he can use the number to order things online. If he wrote checks, then you need to go through the painful process of opening a new account.

Again, if you don't file charges against him, at the very least make sure it doesn't happen again! you have to take responsibility for knowing where your financial stuff is...

Hope this sounds helpful and not preachy, I just see it and help people with it all day long...

Quote Originally Posted by ging1218 View Post
    Hey, I work at a bank and BOA should let you file a fraud affidavit. If he had posession of your debit card or if he wrote checks, you will probably need a police report. If he did it online, an affidavit of fraud should start the process. Sounds like the bank employee you talked to was lazy... call back and ask someone else.

You need to watch your stuff better. Change that debit card number (if that's what he used) and make sure he never sees it again. Even if he doesn't have the card, he can use the number to order things online. If he wrote checks, then you need to go through the painful process of opening a new account.

Again, if you don't file charges against him, at the very least make sure it doesn't happen again! you have to take responsibility for knowing where your financial stuff is...

Hope this sounds helpful and not preachy, I just see it and help people with it all day long...
    He's a sneaky little bastard. I have my wallet on me all day (in a bag on my chair) He'll get it when I'm sleeping and run out to the bar with it or hit up WalMart to buy diapers and stuff for his kids. There's a bunch of different scenarios that come into play.

What I dont understand is how the merchants push the card through with no I.D.

I'm getting a new card and writing "CHECK ID" on the back.

Just bought a safe today. Thats where I'm going to keep my wallet unless I'm getting out. Should help.

My Myspace