Thread: The New TiLite GPV uhmm.. I mean Aero R

The New TiLite GPV uhmm.. I mean Aero R

Well, who can blame me? For $300 more than the GPV, you can get a TiLite rigid frame that looks like what Quickie should have done to update the GPV years ago--TiLite's new Aero R. Similarities include aluminum construction, a classic "box" frame with a straight lower frame rail, adjustable caster barrel location, and a "V" front end. The Aero R may be a decent alternative for someone wanting to install an EZ-Lock docking pin to be able to drive from their chair in a van. Actually, a van would almost be a prerequisite, because it looks like it would be extremely difficult to load into a sedan or store in the trunk.

Don't expect me to provide any detailed reviews of this model anytime soon.

What's new?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

The Quickie GPV has a back bottom cross member making it a true cage like box. Looking at this picture of the TiLite I see no such back bottom cross member. Without that member maneuvering the chair into a sedan seems much more a doable thing. Of course if the back doesn't lock down, it could be troublesome.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

This is a four year old post, but since you mention it, I use a 17" wide seat and I would have an extremely difficult time fitting it into my Honda Accord--especially if having to load it while sitting in the driver's seat.

Sorry, I got caught in the posting date. I'd have a tough time getting it in our Taurus, but it probably would go in. My 16" Quickie GVP will not. It wasn't until I found a cheap 17" Colours Eclipse that I could drive the sedan again. It enabled me to take my license renewal exam with the hand control. Otherwise I'd have to learn to parallel park the 3/4 ton van I usually drive.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.